How good is MVP?

Dude lost a 6 round BKFC fight to Mike Perry in England. I’ve seen a few of his Bellator fights. Not many, 3-4. I was never impressed because he was fighting cans.

They kinda screwed MVP IMO. I thought he won fairly clear although it was close. Then he's tired and they throw out a tie breaker round which heavily favored Perry. I think BKFC is just perfect for Perry. His dumbness and never quit attitude makes him the best at that.
Yeah a lot of matchups would go completely different in MMA and bare knuckle imo

Dude lost a 6 round BKFC fight to Mike Perry in England. I’ve seen a few of his Bellator fights. Not many, 3-4. I was never impressed because he was fighting cans.

This. Losing to a journeyman bum in Perry ruined him for me. He’s supposed to be a striker? Lmao

He's a side on, low hands karate style striker. It's an awful style for boxing.

The fight was very close, which shocked me. I never though MVP was a world beater,but I thought he would out-class Mike Perry in a pure striking contest. Perry lost 7 of his last 10 fights in the UFC. I think MVP was exposed in this fight and makes his padded MMA record a bit suspect.
I thought he had a chance. Perry sucks but he's a dog.

Honestly if current Wonderboy is #7 in UFC, MVP would be atleast that. Probably has same grappling defense, but his striking is better and more deadly.
Wonderboy’s ranking isn’t exactly correct though. Once you achieve a top 2-5 ranking you can lose several fights and just squat on that ranking.

Since 2018 he’s lost 4/7. Till, Pettis, Burns, and Belal. If I was in charge of the rankings he would not be in the top ten. His 3 wins are decent wins, but not crazy elite. Holland, Neal, and Luque. And about 3 years in the past 5-6 with only one fight per year.

But the main point still being is he achieved that high ranking. And it’s really hard to lose it once you achieve it in the UFC.

Do you think MVP could come into the UFC and get up to the top 2 to begin with? That’s the question you should have, imo.

He is an interesting sports entertainer.

Hard to call him a fighter if you have to protect him from roughly 40-50% of the other fighters in order for him to shine.

How many guys would look amazing if they got to pick their opponents and only fight favorable matchups?

Top 10 for sure. His striking is very underrated here for some reason.

He might not be top ten to some people, but be honest. He fucking caved in a persons god damn skull and caved in a knee cap the other day. Something Jon Jones has been trying to do for years.
Give some credit people.
<{vega}>

Mousasi trained with him and said MVP beat him up at first. He had to adjust to his stand up game. Only in the later rounds Mousasi was able to get the upper hand.
For sure it's just training, but if you give a prime Mousasi a hard time I guess you are pretty good.

I don't know if he would be top 10.

Venom's hands are overrated in terms of combinations but he throws power. He does have good striking from kicking range. He covers a lot of ground in a short amount of time. I think he can beat people who try to walk him down recklessly. He will have issues with someone who is defensively sound and kicks the leg hard. If a fighter can hire a training partner that moves a little like him or has that TMA style. They have a good chance of beating him. They are going to lose if you didn't prep for him properly and take the 1st round to read/feel him out. The guys who fail are the ones who try to feel him out or learn his style while fighting him.

Last edited:
Back