How good is MVP?

He would have been a fringe top ten action fighter just like he is in bellator.. now he is old.

He's Coker's Izzy. And if he was in the UFC, he'd probably get similar treatment.

Reactions: Uke
I've been a big fan, but man, it's been a frustrating ride. There was a time I thought he was the biggest asset on the Bellator roster.
It's easy to knock the ground game, but he also lost to freakin' Mike Perry in BKFC, lol.

Last edited:
He had a few legit wins, but mostly a can crusher. You're really playing with fire if you try to fight his fight though.

They kinda screwed MVP IMO. I thought he won fairly clear although it was close. Then he's tired and they throw out a tie breaker round which heavily favored Perry. I think BKFC is just perfect for Perry. His dumbness and never quit attitude makes him the best at that.

The fight was very close, which shocked me. I never though MVP was a world beater,but I thought he would out-class Mike Perry in a pure striking contest. Perry lost 7 of his last 10 fights in the UFC. I think MVP was exposed in this fight and makes his padded MMA record a bit suspect.

I've been a big fan, but man, it's been a frustrating ride. There was a time I thought he was the biggest asset on the Bellator roster.
It's easy to knock the ground game, but he also lost to freakin' Mike Perry in BKFC, lol.
It was a new sport. BKFC is just 1 thing, like losing a submission grappling event.

in a real mma fight in a cage with kicks knees and everything, venom would destroy perry.

It was a new sport. BKFC is just 1 thing, like losing a submission grappling event.

in a real mma fight in a cage with kicks knees and everything, venom would destroy perry.

That's right, BKFC is just a very limited form of combat sports. MVP is annoying but his strength is in his kicks and knees.

Page thought he was Anderson Silva like his hands were good enough to win fights with it in another sport. He was wrong.

He's a great standing talent. Real skill and entertaining. He would have a hard time even sticking around the UFC. They would have to give him favoritism when booking matchipups

I've gone past he fights bums but Bellator's WW division is pretty weak. Would he be top 10 in the UFC? Paul Daley wrestled him (to a win IMO.) He's a good striker but I feel Bellator's WW division favors him in that there are almost no wrestlers.
I like his style..creative and fun but in UFC I see him lucky if top 10...

He definitely wouldn’t be like a Retro-Wonderboy, he would be like 2023 Wonderman….

Dana:
“MVP we want to offer you Shavkat to main a FN card, a great opportunity”
<{danawhoah}>

Micheal Page:
“Yeah, a grappler in the little Apex octagon doesn’t work for me right now, but…
<{cruzshake}>
Micheal Pereira isn’t booked…?”

I hate to say it but I feel like he is underrated in mma. He lost a split decision against a great grappler, Logan Storely, and has had some brutal finishes. You just don’t see other fighters cave in skulls and destroy knees like he’s done.

Back