1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

How good is Lima?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by MMAProfessional, Oct 30, 2020.

1. MMAProfessional Golden Belt

Watching Moose out grapple him I see him getting eaten alive by Usman and Colby. I was interested in seeing him in the UFC but after seeing how easy Moose got his hands together I see wrestlers dominating him. Striking he's elite but he has a huge hole.

2. Reb Purple Belt

Yeah good luck standing against the cage against Usman and Colby.

fifinex likes this.
  3. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

Usman and Colby are absolute nightmare matchups for him, but I could see him having some fun fights with the likes of Masvidal and Wonderboy.

4. tehMoose The slayer of ufc shills

Watch his fights against other WWs and see how good he is.

5. Towerworld Brown Belt

Best guy he beat was shot, UFC reject Macdonald. Mousasi did not even fight well, slow paced plodding with sluggish jabs aNd predictable TD’s yet Lima cowered to the fence and fought very defensively with little output.
    When he started throwing towards the end he was actually hurting moose.

That lack of output and poor ring generalship would lead to him getting pressured and grinded to dust vs Usman, Colby, Burns,khabib Edwards,Masvidal, Till ect.

The Big Babou and fifinex like this.
  6. Usman and Colby are pure high volume wrestler, bad match-up for Lima. Gilberto and Edward are hard match-up for Lima but still close. Lima can beat all the rest without any doubt.

fifinex and GIBLERTBAPTISTA like this.
  7. Bamboozled Banned Banned

shut the hell up

Franklin U., TheSpider and tehMoose like this.
  8. NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

I would favor Mousasi against any WW in the world if they are moving up to MW to fight him. Lima was impressive in his loss to Mousasi, most WWs would have gotten dominated.

9. careto Black Belt

This, Mousasi would decimate Usman, Colby, Burns, Leon, and even the new UFC darling Chimaev. The fact that Lima had him limping out of the cage and in a wheelchair the next day speaks volumes of Lima. Had Lima been more aggressive he could have won some rounds but he could have also gotten taken down and dominated like most all other WW.

10. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

Yeah it's not a fair claim really, it's like saying Max Holloway would lose to everyone at FW based on his loss to Dustin at LW.

NoBiasJustMMA likes this.
  11. GreenGorilla Weirdo

People act like the UFC forced Mousasi out cause he is bad not that he just decided to go to bellator cause Bisping was holding the division hostage in fear of losing his other eye to romero.

12. Franklin U. Steel Belt

Usman is smaller than mousasi and is one dimensional. Its comparing apples and oranges. Lima had so much to worry about with Gegard. He even clipped Gegard with some hooks in 3rd and 4th that would- no doubt - hurt Usman.
    They're 1-2 or 2-1 in the welter world. Imo, Lima the bigger and better fighter but thats me. I'm not saying by some margin - I'm saying that they are, currently, the 2 best 170ers in the world .

manboy<3 likes this.
  13. CorninginChristianburg Purple Belt

Usman walks around at 190, and Colby walks around just a little bit below that. So they probably couldn't move up to MW because they're not even big for WW, they could realistically cut down to LW. Could they move up some day? I mean perhaps, they'd have to put on a lot of weight and I'd want to see them in the new weight class to see how they move at that weight to do so. I don't think this MW fight has any bearing on WW Lima's skill. Especially that it went mostly how I think most people expected it to. We can just revisit the topic of Lima when he defends his WW belt next.

14. GangGangGang Brown Belt

How about this. How does the rest of WW do against Mousasi? Not very well.. Mousasi finishes almost every WW on the planet. Lima gives any 170er a tough night with his kicks and power.

tehMoose likes this.