How good is Khabib Nurmagomedov?

Every time I've been there he has won

That said I won't be in Brazil so I expect a split decision loss to Tavares

He looks like a great fighter based on the way he has finished most of his competition (most of whom I've never heard of though), but his fight with Tibau was a total stinker. He must be a very strong guy though, because him and Tibau were at stalemate most of the fight.

The fight with Tavares should be good.

judges blew the tibau fight he lost that won

Khabib did very little, which is more than Tibau. You can't win a fight by literally doing nothing.

Anyway, Khabib needs to improve his striking DRASTICALLY. That's all I know so far.

He's one of the few undefeated fighters left in the UFC. I'm definitely interested in his progress.

Khabib did very little, which is more than Tibau. You can't win a fight by literally doing nothing.

Anyway, Khabib needs to improve his striking DRASTICALLY. That's all I know so far.

if you get an opportunity watch the fight again im certain your opinion will change

piss poor striking. hes very active with his striking but lands next to nothing. but his grappling/sambo is exceptional for mma. it will be a close one with tavares.

Very interesting guy, it's very interesting watch some undefeated fighters fighting...Now he got a big challenge against Thiago Tavares, let's see what is going to happen...

if you get an opportunity watch the fight again im certain your opinion will change

I think you should watch the fight again lol.. Neither had success at anything but at least Khabib was aggressive.. Can't say he "deserved" the win but he deserved it more than Tibau.. Gleison did absolutely nothing

I think you should watch the fight again lol.. Neither had success at anything but at least Khabib was aggressive.. Can't say he "deserved" the win but he deserved it more than Tibau.. Gleison did absolutely nothing

Tibau had success at defending takedowns while Khabib failed to get them. The fight was almost entirely a wrestling match, which Tibau was winning. Losing aggressively is still losing.

Tibau had success at defending takedowns while Khabib failed to get them. The fight was almost entirely a wrestling match, which Tibau was winning. Losing aggressively is still losing.

Keeping a fight standing warrants winning as long as you're the one winning the stand-up.. Tibau stuffed Khabib quite a bit, but after he stuffed it he didn't do anything else.. Khabib threw/landed more shots, was the one going for it the whole time & controlled the octagon.. Aggression & octagon control are criteria for scoring

Tibau should have beat him, the judges screwed Tibau out of that win.

Regardless of Khabib and his very good record, I don't think he elite. I don't think he will ever break top 10. He is good, but he isn't great.

He lost to Tibau but Tibau is a pretty legit gatekeeper. He's a solid fighter I think a match-up with Tavares is about perfect for both of them. Joe Silva nailed that one imo

Tibau exposed the shit out of him, Tavares will UD him then let him fight Rustam

Khabib tried a lot, but he was successful almost never. I thought Tibau won since he defended almost all of Nurma's many takedown attempts, but it wasn't exactly a robbery. Probably should've been a draw, honestly, but I was a little blown away that every single judge scored the fight for Khabib.

I reckon hes going to crush Thiago Tavares. I really think he’s legit and although wild with his striking, I don’t think it’s that “bad” as people say. I think his aggression, athleticism and grappling will take him a long way in the division.

Back