How good is Kevin Holland?

Alonzo Black

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
In light of recent events.

Where does he fit?

wiped out by guys like Chimaev and Wonderboy.

Can beat most average WW or MWs

After getting mauled by Chimaev and getting pieced up by Wonderboy back to back, he now knows more than anyone

levels-corey-anderson.gif

Good enough to be entertaining with the right stylistic matchup, but not enough to beat Championship Caliber opposition and put together a Title run.

Has the tools to put together a solid performance against most in the division, but he either doesn’t or can’t use them properly for some reason.
Most of the time he barely acts like he’s taking the fight seriously, too busy talking and acting like he doesn’t give a fuck. Frustrating to watch.
That being said, I couldn’t be happier that wonderboy won

Solid enough, can fight anywhere, wrestling is going to be a problem against decent wrestlers and a bit too fan friendly when it comes to putting entertainment over his career (not a bad thing for us though).

I think realistically he's around his celiing now.

High level striker, at least in MMA, with minus level fight IQ in striking and grappling. Stephen is levels above everyone on feet, no shame in losing to him. Man cannot be defeated on feet. Yeah yeah Pettis is a obviousl fluke as he got served as anybody else. Holland wants to have fun more than he wants to win, that is his biggest problem. Mentally he is not ready for elite MMA.

Lower end top fifteen probably.

He was competitive with a still dangerous Wonderboy early on.

I think a fight against Max Griffin makes sense, winner gets to start the climb again.

He's good enough to barely beat and lose to the Darren Stewart's and Brendan Allen's of the world.

The guy is a very fun fighter and a charismatic athlete so people over value his ability. The fact that so many people thought he would outstrike Wonderboy is embarrassing.

He was going toe to toe with Wonderboy. Had he decided not to be an idiot he could have won. He got on top position TWICE!!!

Fringe TOP 15 guy with potential to be mainstay TOP 10 guy

Gatekeeper to the top 10. He is a very good fighter, but he has also clearly reached his ceiling. He is going to lose to the elite of the division at MW or WW or any future contender but beat most other people.

Gatekeeper to the top 10. He is a very good fighter, but he has also clearly reached his ceiling. He is going to lose to the elite of the division at MW or WW or any future contender but beat most other people.
Agree. But you can never count him out is what I like about him. Chimaev clearly knew not to strike with him and that fight with Souza was crazy.

giphy.gif

he's not even well rounded enough to be a gatekeeper

Gatekeeper definitely but what I like about him is you can never count him out. That Souza KO was crazy. Chimaev clearly knew not to take any chances and strike with him.

evil-laugh-icegif-17.gif

Me watching him get destroyed. But yeah he's tough as shit. No shame in losing to Wonderboy.

Back