How good is Justin Gaethje? and how much better can he become?

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
iu

Pulling a chael here. Justin's only losses have been to elite championship level talent. However, he did beat tony and has that feather in his cap? How good is gaethje? How good can he get? Is the LW title in his future? I think with khabib out of the way, its a possibility for sure.

I still believe poirier beats any verson of gaethje. It might be a war, but I still favor poirier. Conor can beat gaethje, but I don't see conor sticking around to fight gaethje. I truly believe conor will win the strap than take off a few years or decisively retire. Other than that, I think gaethje could beat anyone else in the division. I don't see him losing to charles, chandler, hooker, tony(in a rematch), etc

Top 6 guy, will almost always lose to elite talent (Ferguson fight was lightning in a bottle)

I see hooker beating him, bigger, stronger, longer reach and a better chin. Justin would fall first.

He's 31. He can improve, but how much? He could start doing BJJ, lol. He's a bit late, but better late than never. He could revamp his rasslin' skills and maybe use them in the offensive for a change. Not sure if any of those things will happen though. So can't say how much he will improve, without knowing what course he is gonna take.

I don't think he should work on his wrestling or bjj at all 155 doesn't have strong wrestler beside Khabib so he's fine even with a suspect ground game and tdd

Last edited:
I think Justin, Conor, Ferg, Poirier are all championship level fighters and can win against each other. Khabib was just in a different league and made them look like much inferior fighters than they really are.

Yes, very different league. Welterweight.

What? Hooker? lmao. I'm sorry, I just don't see it. I don't think hooker can handle the violence.
Hooker can't handle violence? Beg to differ. Not sure he beats Gaethje though!

Its hard to know for sure but he does seem to have shown signs of fighting smarter more recently rather than just "going to war" which was IMHO not actually his main strenght. Guys like Poirier were better aggressive boxers, Gaethje is better fighting a more controlled match, picking out counters and lowkicks.

Back