How good is Joe Rogan at BJJ relatively speaking?

It's very possible that TS just spends too much time hanging off of Mr. Rogan's nutsack to find any time to actually grapple.

Wouldn't you hang off his nutsack instead of fighting him?

Sure, Cormier is a brown belt in BJJ. I think that has something do with it....
I don't recall denying that. What about Matt Hughes though? And why are you trying to use MMA as a benchmark for this?

I don't recall denying that. What about Matt Hughes though? And why are you trying to use MMA as a benchmark for this?

I am sure Matt had extensive training in BJJ, and that both he and Cormier would have suffered the same fate as Shamrock if they went straight from wrestling into MMA. But Cormier makes no mention of his BJJ, or that of his opponents....

Wouldn't you hang off his nutsack instead of fighting him?
Rogan isn't my type. But I'm a fan, and I'm pretty game... so yes, i'd probably fight him if given the choice.

I am sure Matt had extensive training in BJJ, and that both he and Cormier would have suffered the same fate as Shamrock if they went straight from wrestling into MMA. But Cormier makes no mention of his BJJ, or that of his opponents....
So you're butthurt that he didn't shout-out BJJ?

Rogan isn't my type. But I'm a fan, and I'm pretty game... so yes, i'd probably fight him if given the choice.

I would much rather fight a random jujitsu guy from a gym than Rogan... There is something about all those tattoos and steorids... But maybe I could win, who knows.

I would much rather fight a random jujitsu guy from a gym than Rogan... There is something about all those tattoos and steorids... But maybe I could win, who knows.
Its probably not likely that I would win. If i did, it would probably be due to age difference. But it would be fun nonetheless.

So you're butthurt that he didn't shout-out BJJ?

Nah, simply annoyed that a wrestler is being dishonest. Of course Olympic level wrestling+ brown belt BJJ beats everyone. Just as a champion boxer + TKD stylist beats just about any TKD guy.

Oh, is that the game you want to play? Yes, if you want, you can change the conditions to the point where the wrestler will win. Good for you. Go have a cookie.
Yeah but what if the jits-er had a shovel, and the rassler had an ice pick?

Nah, simply annoyed that a wrestler is being dishonest. Of course Olympic level wrestling+ brown belt BJJ beats everyone. Just as a champion boxer + TKD stylist beats just about any TKD guy.
There's nothing dishonest about what you described though. Cormier used his wrestling to dominate objectively better MMA grapplers than silva and that was obviously his gameplan going in to the fight.

There's nothing dishonest about what you described though. Cormier used his wrestling to dominate objectively better MMA grapplers than silva and that was obviously his gameplan going in to the fight.

Like Bas Rutten says, a world class wrestler with jujitsu added will win against pure grapplers, even world champions. That's why wrestlers are dominating nowdays in UFC.

That being said, if Cormier was better at BJJ he might have actually finished Anderson Silva.

Like Bas Rutten says, a world class wrestler with jujitsu added will win against pure grapplers, even world champions. That's why wrestlers are dominating nowdays in UFC.

That being said, if Cormier was better at BJJ he might have actually finished Anderson Silva.
As long as we're stating the obvious: If Silva was a better wrestler, Cormier wouldn't be able to take him down.

Lol you're so lost. You'll cling to anything to try to keep arguing.

As long as we're stating the obvious: If Silva was a better wrestler, Cormier wouldn't be able to take him down.

I am pretty sure he would, since Silva would never realistically reach Cormiers level of wrestling.

I am pretty sure he would, since Silva would never realistically reach Cormiers level of wrestling.
Kind of like Cormier not being able to reach Silva's level of BJJ?

Yeah but what if the jits-er had a shovel, and the rassler had an ice pick?

What if we were on Pluto and gravity was so minimal that slams wouldn't hurt?

Kind of like Cormier not being able to reach Silva's level of BJJ?

I don't know what 3rd dan black belt in BJJ is equivalent to, but probably not Olympic medalist in wrestling?

Back