How good is Joe Rogan at BJJ relatively speaking?

ahhh I get it.. you hate getting smashed by wrestlers it's ok, it's not magic, keep working

No, he's just an idiot troll, because he's responding to my pro-BJJ posts with crap like 'what if the wrestler slams him on concrete'.

this-fucking-guy.gif

For sceptics out there: Joe ROGAN demonstrating his BJJ

shit, after seeing that, I stand correct, rogan could join the UFC and be the champ on very little time, after all, the UFC is full on wrestlers who cannot by no means beat rogan.

shit, after seeing that, I stand correct, rogan could join the UFC and be the champ on very little time, after all, the UFC is full on wrestlers who cannot by no means beat rogan.

Rogan fucked him up.

Yes, rather a lot. I've been picked up to shoulder height and slammed in an actual wrestling match, even. Despite how extreme and strong and manly it all was, I somehow managed not to die.

Are you sure? Perhaps you did die and this thread is just one of the circles of Hell :p

Point is that wrestlers in UFC would not have been successful without their ranks in BJJ, be it purple, brown or black belt. A grappler however could, and has, won with no wrestling background. Yet Cormier pretends as if wrestling is the shit....He doesn't acknowledge his opponents black belt in BJJ, when commenting before the fight. That's insane.
Did you watch the fight in question? Cormier handily beat silva in an admittedly boring fashion and was dominant on the ground. It wasn't a grappling match, so trying to advance position for the sake of scoring points isn't relevant when you can just land GnP from top half-guard. Anderson used the lockdown, which was kind of silly considering that it just kept Cormier in a position of dominance while Anderson did nothing to counter.

Nobody denies that a wrestler with no knowledge of BJJ would likely get tapped by a decent BJJ player in a BJJ match, but a good wrestler would likely beat a BJJ player with no wrestling in a wrestling match. MMA is an entirely different animal from both sets of grappling rule sets.

Did you watch the fight in question? Cormier handily beat silva in an admittedly boring fashion and was dominant on the ground. It wasn't a grappling match, so trying to advance position for the sake of scoring points isn't relevant when you can just land GnP from top half-guard. Anderson used the lockdown, which was kind of silly considering that it just kept Cormier in a position of dominance while Anderson did nothing to counter.

Nobody denies that a wrestler with no knowledge of BJJ would likely get tapped by a decent BJJ player in a BJJ match, but a good wrestler would likely beat a BJJ player with no wrestling in a wrestling match. MMA is an entirely different animal from both sets of grappling rule sets.

I doubt Silva spends nearly as much time on grappling as striking. He almost never needed it. That's why Cormier stood any chance on the ground.

I doubt Silva spends nearly as much time on grappling as striking. He almost never needed it. That's why Cormier stood any chance on the ground.
What does that have to do with my post? FWIW Cormier also beat great submission artists in Monson, Barnett, and Mir. Further, Matt Hughes beat several black belts on the ground despite being unranked himself.

Did a wrestler rough you up in BJJ class recently or something?

What does that have to do with my post? FWIW Cormier also beat great submission artists in Monson, Barnett, and Mir. Further, Matt Hughes beat several black belts on the ground despite being unranked himself.

It's very possible that TS just spends too much time hanging off of Mr. Rogan's nutsack to find any time to actually grapple.

If Anderson Silva had three legs instead of two, and Daniel Cormier had three arms instead of two, who would win in a sambo match?

If Anderson Silva had three legs instead of two, and Daniel Cormier had three arms instead of two, who would win in a sambo match?
DC, because he's got the machete.

It's very possible that TS just spends too much time hanging off of Mr. Rogan's nutsack to find any time to actually grapple.
What if alpha brain lets him learn via osmosis?
<24>

No dude, I am a striker. The one wrestler I've ever fought dunked his head on the floor. He was a midget compared to me, which I know helped, but he was still legit.

No dude, I am a striker. The one wrestler I've ever fought dunked his head on the floor. He was a midget compared to me, which I know helped, but he was still legit.
Care to address the rest of my post?

Back