How good is Goiti Yamauchi

Zarate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
goiti-yamauchi-bellator-237-ceremonial-weigh-ins.jpg

The most underrated Bellator fighter. 27 Years old and already 29 fights - 25 wins / 20 by submission (18 first round). His all 4 L's are by decision.

World class submissions, above average stand up (former pro kickboxer and amateur boxer). Yeah he is mostly crushing cans at Bellator but his skills are still clearly to see.

Top 10 UFC material. I see him winning against Hooker, Raging Al, FKL and Cowboy.

Sherscout's thoughts?

He is really good. I would love to see him get a crack at the title in the near future (Well, whenever Bellator comes back)

Hes a really solid fighter. I think his ceiling is being ranked at the bottom of the LW rankings in UFC, 13-15 range and he wouldnt hold onto it for long. Chandler who is the only top LW he fought, completely ran through him. I think I scored that 30-25 or 30-26 at the least. I thought Weichel won their fight as well.

Hes one of the better sub fighters at the weight but hes not very athletic and his striking and clinch game are mediocre.

Honestly Marcin Held had better promise than him heading into the UFC and he went 1-3 in the promotion, shouldve been 2-2 since he got robbed badly against JLau tho but he didnt look like a perennially ranked LW and neither would Goiti

I think hes a top 10-15 level guy right now. Would love to see him fight Henderson or the bigger Pitbull brother.

I think he's a poor man's Charles Oliveira personally. Not that he isn't good, he clearly is, but being ranked at LW in the UFC is ridiculously hard.

Hooker would beat the shit out of him imo.

I think he'd be in the top 30 probably.

Yeah he is mostly crushing cans at Bellator but his skills are still clearly to see.
Can Crusher is a little extreme. The last 3 fights of his I've seen he fough Weichel, Chandler, and Piccolotti, all 3 of which damn good fighters.

His fight against Daniel Weichel was one of the most high level bouts i've seen in Bellator, extremely technical fight

Can Crusher is a little extreme. The last 3 fights of his I've seen he fough Weichel, Chandler, and Piccolotti, all 3 of which damn good fighters.

His fight against Daniel Weichel was one of the most high level bouts i've seen in Bellator, extremely technical fight

Agree. It's extreme but i wrote it because of potential haters (hi@ shertards) claiming he is shit because of his L against Chandler. Chandler really manhandled him at the ground although Goiti hurt him bad in the second round.

Agree. It's extreme but i wrote it because of potential haters (hi@ shertards) claiming he is shit because of his L against Chandler. Chandler really manhandled him at the ground although Goiti hurt him bad in the second round.

I don't think anyone is saying he's shit, just some people might not think he's top 15 standard in the UFC.

He's a good dude, but I don't know if he would crack top 10 because it is a hard division. It's hard to compare and see how good these guys are because Bellator is definitely building up some high quality fighters. We know guys like Patricio Pitpull, Michael Chandler, Lima are guys that are legit, but it's hard to see how good they truly are in comparison. Wish the ufc would be less greedy, and make cross organisations fights like Bellator is doing with Rizin.

He's a good dude, but I don't know if he would crack top 10 because it is a hard division. It's hard to compare and see how good these guys are because Bellator is definitely building up some high quality fighters. We know guys like Patricio Pitpull, Michael Chandler, Lima are guys that are legit, but it's hard to see how good they truly are in comparison. Wish the ufc would be less greedy, and make cross organisations fights like Bellator is doing with Rizin.

They just bank on guys wanting to test themselves against the best moving over there. Most do, eventually, with a few noteable exceptions.

Pretty good fighter

Chandler beat the shit out of him though

He needs to spend a little more time in the 'minors' before jumping to the UFC. He's still very young but has a lot of experience, he just needs to mature his style a little bit more. Hopefully he gets a legit top-5 opponent next, he could be fighting for the belt very soon.

He needs to spend a little more time in the 'minors' before jumping to the UFC. He's still very young but has a lot of experience, he just needs to mature his style a little bit more. Hopefully he gets a legit top-5 opponent next, he could be fighting for the belt very soon.

I'd like to see him and Brent Primus in a title eliminator.

He looked undersized against Chandler and was manhandled bad. It made me wonder if 145 might be better suited for him. Although Bellator's 145 is stacked, idk if he would want to make the move to FW.

He looked undersized against Chandler and was manhandled bad. It made me wonder if 145 might be better suited for him. Although Bellator's 145 is stacked, idk if he would want to make the move to FW.

Yeah, that's a tough division for him, especially with guys like McKee, Caldwell and Sanchez who can be a stylistic nightmare for him.

That armbar against Awad was AMAZING, Awad was doing everything possible to defend it.

Back