How good is Curran Jacobs (agreed to grappled Craig Jones)

Hickson

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
so for those of you who dont know he is a catch wrestler and he stands by it. He is also the catch wrestling world champion (whatever that is or means). He has been angling for a fight against Gordon as they just troll each other all the time but Gordon apparently agreed then backed out..

looks like during Gordon's "retirement" Craig Jones agreed to grapple him, not sure when yet

but how good is he, does he have a chance?

Curran says Josh Barnett is his idol/mentor but he got beaten pretty easily by Gordon

so for those of you who dont know he is a catch wrestler and he stands by it. He is also the catch wrestling world champion (whatever that is or means). He has been angling for a fight against Gordon as they just troll each other all the time but Gordon apparently agreed then backed out..

looks like during Gordon's "retirement" Craig Jones agreed to grapple him, not sure when yet

but how good is he, does he have a chance?

Curran says Josh Barnett is his idol/mentor but he got beaten pretty easily by Gordon

Hard to say he only does catch rules and the talent pool in catch is way smaller. With that says he is a legit grappler with legit ablity but in a pure subs March i don't see him beating in high level no gi grappler. Anything is possible tho

Based on his highlight, Kreg either heel hooks him quick or takes his back and gives him a RNC/

I rolled with Curran Jacobs once a couple years ago. The guy that teaches him now is a guy I used to train with regularly. Curran Jacobs doesn't like Barnett last I knew and he's pretty different than Barnett as far as his interest in catch-wrestling.

Unlike a lot of people--myself included--whose interest in catch-wrestling came from the Japanese catch, luta livre, shoot-style professional wrestling, Combat Wrestling, etc., he got involved in catch-wrestling through that more recent "catch revivalist" movement, so he's not a huge fan of professional wrestling or what have you. Basically he's interested in revitalizing catch-wrestling as he understands it to have existed way back in the day but didn't strike me as interested in say, a Fujiwara, a Sakuraba or even, if I understand him, a Karl Gotch or Billy Robinson. He also hates Jake Shannon last I knew, which is funny because Jake Shannon sort of rose to prominence in part by attacking other people who promoted catch-wrestling as supposedly inauthentic.

Far as how good he is, of course I can't really judge someone given that we rolled once two years ago. One of the beautiful things about grappling is the way people can improve.

Whatever beef he had with Josh its apparently in the past:

Ooooh, if he is training with Barnett, I'd assume that to be a huge game changer.

yea just to reply to Kforcer, they certainly had their drama thoguh ii believe it was more 1 sided - Curran put up a picture wtih Josh and basically said hes a mentor to him now and they are cool..i think craig taps him (if the fight ever happens)

There shouldn’t be much doubt about the outcome of this match, Craig’s taps out t best subgrapplers of the world constantly, Curran, well not so much (this doesn’t mean he’s not a good grappler)

Based on this recent footage, I'd say Craig has ZERO chance,

I don't doubt Curran is a good or even excellent grappler. Craig is elite tho.. not gonna bet against him unless it's against another guy of his caliber..

What are the rules? How would a boxer do in kickboxing rules? How would a kickboxer do in boxing rules?

heal hook in under a minute

Curran Jacobs is the kind of guy who knows how to get the attention in social media. He would get beaten easy by any high level grappler. He is a white belt and his catch wrestling coach Raul Ramirez is also a white belt who can't win a white belt tournament. (last time he tried he got silver, real good job for a selfproclaimed 5 time catch wrestling world champion)

Ramirez is also famous for his funny instructionals on youtube, the best one is his japanese necktie instructional but obviously have no idea that the technique he's showing is the d'arce choke.

However Curran got a decent wrestling background which helped him win his catch wrestling matches. His strenght is his mental toughness. When he won the world title 2018 he was wrestling heavyweights, he got dominated in all of his matches until his opponents were exhausted then he submitted them with the RNC.

Curran lost his world title when he refused to defend it, he also chickend out from a match with the UK champion Ian Jones. Curran claims Jones were the one who chickend out but Josh Barnett stepped in against Jones, somebody who would chickend out wouldn't wrestle Barnett over Curran.

He doesn't train with Barnett or Randy Couture anymore. He's at Murcielago MMA and currently attempting a MMA career.

I wanna say he defeated a pretty decent HW to win one of his "world championships" , and he was a solid DI wrestler. Actually, now that you mention it, Barnett actually responded to a comment I made about Jacobs here on SD once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back