How good is Cain's chin?

Better then JDS's. guy got dropped and completely taken out of the fight by a simple right hand from a wrestler. Dos Santos needed a lucky haymaker to put Cain down.

JDS is carrying pure glass.

Well, then, for a guy walking around witha glass jaw, he sure is good at beating hw's who are known for knocking-out other fighters...Carwin, Hunt, Cro Cop, Nelson, etc.

His ability to take a punch is ok for a heavyweight. Not great but not bad

most are right in saying an average chin. he doesnt just walk through crazy shots, but it's not a glass chin, look at how chuck, arlovski, and even erick silva for example appeared after they were ko'd

I don't like talking about chins in the HW division, because anybody can go down

I do think some HW's do have glass chins, and I don't think Cain is one of them

When has he shown a good chin?

His recovery is amazing though

These discussions always have two different camps. one side thinking good chin means being hit on the button and not being rocked, another thinking being hit on the button and being rocked but recovering is a "good chin". I think it's a combo of both though. Kongo hit him with some bombs and he wobbled but didn't go down and recovered quickly. I honestly can't see an argument for his chin not being at least good. Not being rocked by accurate bombs means your chin is amazing.

Im wondering if theres been a single strike anyone claiming his chin is average or below can point to as proof. JDS and kongo both hit hard and blasted him. He survived one onslaught but not the other. But I dont see how JDS putting you down with a haymaker concludes anything negative about your chin.

It's like Tyson's was, imo. Both have taken some bombs and survived them, but they can be TKO'd with monster shots. Both recover well, are hard to KO out cold. Good, but not great.

People will be like he has awesome chin, He just gets rocked everytime somebody hits him.

People will be like he has awesome chin, He just gets rocked everytime somebody hits him.

Has he been rocked with anything other than a big punch by a heavy handed striker?

His chin is good, but it's his recovery that's phenomenal

Not good enough to take a good shot from JDS.

Did you see the 2nd fight? JDS tried that overhand right and landed a couple times but didnt hurt Cain because it wasnt behind the ear this time. IMO JDS has a better chin than Cain but Cain can take JDS's shot and Cain recovers so quickly.

Besides in the HW anyone can get KTFO

Did you see the 2nd fight? JDS tried that overhand right and landed a couple times but didnt hurt Cain because it wasnt behind the ear this time. IMO JDS has a better chin than Cain but Cain can take JDS's shot and Cain recovers so quickly.

Besides in the HW anyone can get KTFO

He didn't have the power behind it.

Yeah these guys are huge, most people would be in hospital after taking that shot from Kongo.

I know it's in comparison to other HWs, but even those guys you say have the best chins i.e. Nelson & Hunt have all been knocked out in their career.

Back