How good is Cain's chin?

orlandod

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Well, I don't usually post here at all but after re watching Cain fights against Lesnar, Congo and JDS it got me thinking about Cain's ability to take a punch and I wanted to debate this here.

I mean, besides from JDS, he obviously didn't get KO'd (or TKO'd) by the other two, but still took some hard shots and got knocked down.

IMO, getting back and winning the fight after he got hit by Congo in the beginning is a big thing, specially against a guy that hits as hard as Congo does. That being said, there are not a lot of fighters that could take a punch from that guy and still come out on top.

But still, one can argue about the knock downs and the KO.

What do you guys think?

Decent chin but better recovery, imo.

975lpd.jpg

2ci6v4i.gif

What amazes me is when people say that guys like Arlovski and other HWs have weak chins.

These guys are so freaking huge, they're slugging over 1000 lbs of force with every punch. If they land on the jaw, they're prett much out. I don't care what your name is. It's all depends where they land.

Any HW can be KOed by these blows, and then be later accused of having a 'glass chin.'

As a true chinchecker, he has an average chin but fantastic recovery.

Anyone who gets caught clean will look bad. I think you should question his standup defense instead. History says he's vulnerable when he's on his feet.

He's on the most powerful division, he has taken some nasty shots and recovered pretty quickly so yes his chin is one of the bests chins

What amazes me is when people say that guys like Arlovski and other HWs have weak chins.

These guys are so freaking huge, they're slugging over 1000 lbs of force with every punch. If they land on the jaw, they're prett much out. I don't care what your name is. It's all depends where they land.

Any HW can be KOed by these blows, and then be later accused of having a 'glass chin.'

But you gotta admit that there are guys in HW who can take a punch better than him. Think about Hunt and JDS.

I guess his recovery ability makes it up for his chin (which is still average, not bad).

Pretty good. It was his ear and back of the head that was brought into question in the first fight. Innit?

Chin is average, heart/recovery is above average. He doesn't usually stand in front of you long enough to hit him cleanly

Not good enough to take a good shot from JDS.

Mediocre, & that's being generous.

Cigano taps him & he's going to sleep yet again.

Back