How good is Bellator Middleweight Champion Brandon Halsey?

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hard to say, top 25 for sure but who knows. STorm never really beat any top MW and was overrated by alot of people.

Bellator also doesnt have top 15 MW for him to fight. Carmont is the best guy they have now and he was beat out of the UFC.

Could be a future top 10 talent but they dont have the fighters for him to prove it.

He will dominate the relatively weak Bellator MW division for a while, guy is a monster. I could see Schilling giving him a good fight though, if his TDD is good enough, I guess. I would love to see Halsey fight someone like Yoel Romero, that would be an epic match.

Well, it's a hell of a lot more exciting than UFC.

Hard to say, top 25 for sure but who knows. STorm never really beat any top MW and was overrated by alot of people.

Bellator also doesnt have top 15 MW for him to fight. Carmont is the best guy they have now and he was beat out of the UFC.

Could be a future top 10 talent but they dont have the fighters for him to prove it.

this. If he walks through Carmont it will say a lot. or even if he wins a UD where he was in control the entire fight like GSP. if the Carmont fight(should it even happen) ends up like Minakov vs Kongo or Newton vs Beltran, then it probably doesn't reflect too well on his upper limit.

totally forgot he was middleweight champ.

20 seconds ago if you asked me who the Bellator middleweight champ was, I would have said Shlemenko.

20 seconds ago if you asked me who the Bellator middleweight champ was, I would have said Shlemenko.

storm needs to drop to ww

im gonna interview hansley im trying to get the american bellator champs

hes good enough to beat schilling, le hasnt signed yet, marshal, manhoef, irvin those r all potential keep busy fights for him
I would like to see him fight the guy who ktfo of ward in like 20 seconds

carmount would be a good challenge bellator needs to raid m-1 ksw wsof for good talent then pick up some ufc cast offs and bigger name guys for example I would love too see wandy vs sonnen settled in bellator

guys like cung okami marquart hes not ufc caliber khalidov

I want bellator one fc ksw to co promote and atleast give guys like hansley big fights

anyway I think hes good enough to beat any bellator mw in the first or second

I think some questions will be answered when he fights Carmont.

I think (and it is only a perception) that the guy is a really special talent with tons of potential.

I may be mistaken (very possible) and he ends up being a classic mid tier fighter.

BTW.. some people used to say that Shlemenko was top 15 MW before the Tito fight.

The thing with shlemenko fight is that how he was going to win, was exactly how he won. Idk what to take from that other than he knew the gameplan. He's top 20 no doubt

I had no idea until I read this thread . Guess I haven't kept up to date with bellator lately.

He seems to be pretty damn good, and putting Schlemenko away like that is definitely impressive considering Lombard couldn't even finish Schlemenko.

Bellator's MW division is super weak though, after fights with Carmont and Barncat there isn't gonna be much left. Maybe this Ben Reiter guy, he's 15-0 and could be pretty good I guess.

He will dominate the relatively weak Bellator MW division for a while, guy is a monster. I could see Schilling giving him a good fight though, if his TDD is good enough, I guess. I would love to see Halsey fight someone like Yoel Romero, that would be an epic match.

Epic in that Romero would remove his head from his shoulders in less than a minute.

I think he's a good fighter, has potential to be a top 10 in the ufc but we'll see how he does in the future. I think he's going to dominate the middle weight division in bellator.

If he beats Carmont, he'll be better than Chris Weidman on this board, guaranteed.

He will beat Carmont I reckon, probably by TKO. Or dominant decision, if he can't get the finish...but there is nobody else for him in Bellator. I'd like to see King Mo try and make MW, thatd be a nice fight.

Back