How Good Can Sarah McMann be?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Might be a little too late for her to turn her career around but it seems she could be a top fighter if she improved her BJJ defense. Almost all her fights shes winning, taking her opponent down but eventually gets caught. The exception being Ronda who TKO'd her really fast and Tate where it could have gone either way. Keep in mind Tate was in her prime and at the top of the division. Just seems like she never reached her full potential.

About as good as half of one Michael bispings but a female version.

She deflates when she gets hurt

I think a lot of McMann’s problems stemmed from lack of killer instinct. We’ve all seen the GIF of her raining down ineffectual punches from full mount. I believe that was due to mentality as much as technique. With a different attitude, I think she had the tools to be a champion.

For an Olympian it shocks me how easy she quits

She's 39. She didn't debut in MMA until she was almost 31.

I always rooted for her, but she's a what-could-have-been story at this point.

Might be a little too late for her to turn her career around but it seems she could be a top fighter if she improved her BJJ defense. Almost all her fights shes winning, taking her opponent down but eventually gets caught. The exception being Ronda who TKO'd her really fast and Tate where it could have gone either way. Keep in mind Tate was in her prime and at the top of the division. Just seems like she never reached her full potential.
nobody talks about this. im not arguing robbery but i thought mcmann had the 1st 2 rounds.

She seems helpless to me. No idea how to throw a punch, completely muscles all her takedown attempts, awful GnP, and terrible sub defense. I'm convinced she wins her fights based almost entirely on strength.

about never as good as the men so she doesn't belong in UFC. Maybe Invicta material, but no one watches that so answer is irrelevant

i hoped she would be the one to beat Ronda, fight was stopped early, and she never earned another shot. she hasn't fought in 2 years and doesn't seem to be improving

I wonder if being a mom and not wanting to risk any serious or permanent damage. Like she has 1 foot in 1 foot out kind of thing.

yeah I guess

if it was a male fighter he would get a lot more shit around here for it though

I have no opinion on WMMA but here is a video of her molesting a teenage boy. The way she climbs on the back of him is strangely erotic

she climbed the Olympic mountain

better suited for being a mother now, than a fighter

Agree she's a strong freestyle wrestler and has won a lot of fights by submission, but she's been susceptible to getting caught. She won three in a row before dropping her last two (both by triangle choke).

January 25 she faces 'the elbow queen' Lisa Lansberg, a solid veteran coming off wins over Tonya Evinger and Macy Chiasson.

That fight will tell us more about where she's at now.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/15591-sara-mcmann

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/44543-lina-akhtar-lansberg

Back