Opinion How good are people at keeping Secrets? Specially when their lives/Family lives are @ stake?

Serenity Now

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering sherbros....For the most part of my live, I thought people sucked at keeping secrets because of all the gossip I heard around me.....thus I use to believe there is no way Conspiracies could be that "big", somebody would've spilled the beans with a shitload of evidence.....but that never happens.

Lately however Im wondering, just how good are people in keeping secrets when they know their lives/family lives could be ruined by spilling secrets...Im not talking about them being killed either, Im simply talking about them being taken to court/sued/etc, which is what the US government/Big Tech Companies would probably do.

I mean if people feel threatened to reveal secrets, they probably won't.

ae6ff7d0-f7cd-11e8-9135-95457a7f4169.jpeg

Snowden was the only guy who leaked....and Snowden was just a regular worker along others....He wasn't even some top head honcho guy...yet this is the only dude who leaked, nobody else supported him, nobody.....There was atleast 1000s of people(maybe even more) who knew exactly what Snowden knew, yet nobody said shit.

Are people that good in keeping secrets? I mean we can also look at other cases like Pedophilia in the church......For the most part, people kept the secret for decades....Hell maybe Centuries, Im sure pedophiles were rampant back in those days.

So what you sherbros think? Are people that good in keeping secrets?

If someone asks me to keep a secret, its kept. Once you lose someones trust you ain't getting it back, imo.

People don’t wanna look bad bro. Gotta keep up appearances. That’s why families keep secrets.

I think the flow of information is completely dependent on your social circle.

Take for example R. Kelly and Epstein, them mother fuckers had whole communities with stories to tell. Whole cities in wild ass parts of the country where they had a reputation.

I think they question should be, "is your money long enough to keep your secrets from being told?"

Depends entirely on the person keeping the secret.

Just wondering sherbros....For the most part of my live, I thought people sucked at keeping secrets because of all the gossip I heard around me.....thus I use to believe there is no way Conspiracies could be that "big", somebody would've spilled the beans with a shitload of evidence.....but that never happens.

Lately however Im wondering, just how good are people in keeping secrets when they know their lives/family lives could be ruined by spilling secrets...Im not talking about them being killed either, Im simply talking about them being taken to court/sued/etc, which is what the US government/Big Tech Companies would probably do.

Snowden was the only guy who leaked....and Snowden was just a regular worker along others....He wasn't even some top head honcho guy...yet this is the only dude who leaked, nobody else supported him, nobody.....There was atleast 1000s of people(maybe even more) who knew exactly what Snowden knew, yet nobody said shit.

Are people that good in keeping secrets? I mean we can also look at other cases like Pedophilia in the church......For the most part, people kept the secret for decades....Hell maybe Centuries, Im sure pedophiles were rampant back in those days.

This has always been the fallacy. People think that humans aren't capable of keeping secrets because everyone always spills the beans about who's sleeping with who or who said what about someone at work. That's not even remotely the same as keeping a secret when you know there are people in high places who can cause serious harm to you and your family.

Like I always say, the military has Confidential files that are all blacked out that we can't see. There are multiple people holding those secrets and they've never talked. Huge difference in a secret like that and work gossip.

Mmmmmm. Maybe it depends on the person.

This has always been the fallacy. People think that humans aren't capable of keeping secrets because everyone always spills the beans about who's sleeping with who or who said what about someone at work. That's not even remotely the same as keeping a secret when you know there are people in high places who can cause serious harm to you and your family.

Like I always say, the military has Confidential files that are all blacked out that we can't see. There are multiple people holding those secrets and they've never talked. Huge difference in a secret like that and work gossip.
Yep exactly, different type of secrets, different types of stakes...I understand how people can think that Human "nature" says they can't keep secrets because people gossip about personal shit...but reality is that people do indeed keep secrets if their lives/families lives depend on it.

Mmmmmm. Maybe it depends on the person.
Of course it depends on the person but the Stakes/Secrets have a huge say in this.

I feel most people are rational enough to not fuck with the government/big corporations by revealing their secrets....So people for the most part aren't that bad in keeping secrets.

What you wrote makes a good deal of sense. This excuse (that people can't keep secrets and thus --insert any conspiracy-- would be impossible) is simply an intellectually lazy (or sometimes subconscious) tactic used to "debunk CT's."

i still haven't told anyone about your micro peen TS

srsly though I used to think people where bad but i guess it can be very contextual.
It is more the nature of the secret I guess.

Back