Media How Georges St-Pierre Spent His First $1M in the UFC

The fact that he didn’t make a million from UFC 100 is so fucking insane!
First million.

His first million was in the Jon Fitch fight. Which was at UFC 87. From then on he was making well above a million in every fight.

It’s always been common courtesy from as far back as when I joined at least. Multiple threads on the exact same topic are unhelpful for obvious reasons.
Seems silly to me. If you already read and responded to a thread on the same/similar topic just keep going. Its not like the forum has a set limit on threads they can accommodate. I view threads as a conversation, just because someone else already talked about the fights from last night doesn't mean I saw it.

Seems silly to me. If you already read and responded to a thread on the same/similar topic just keep going. Its not like the forum has a set limit on threads they can accommodate. I view threads as a conversation, just because someone else already talked about the fights from last night doesn't mean I saw it.
Well I’m sorry you are so dissatisfied about it.
The overriding factor is that two threads on the same topic result in members not noticing one of the two threads and there being two seperate conversations which would have been better lumped together.
Is there anything else I can help with?

Didn't spend all this time writing cliffs for you to shut down my thread like that.

tenor.gif
Getting more likes from a funny reply than for all the cliffs you wrote, how typical of Sherdog :p

I know this is a controversial topic and lots of strong feelings but if there are multiple threads on the same thing on the first page then it’s the moderators fault they suck donkey balls

- Fought a few times in local shows. Was undefeated at the time

- First big fight on local scene was Pete Spratt. A UFC veteran. That's what opened the door to the UFC.

- First UFC fight he made $3000 to show and $3000 to win.

- Second fight he made $4000 to show and $4000 to win.

- Soon after he had a chance to fight for the UFC title so told his parents if things don't go well he can always go back to school.

- After his fight with Jon Fitch, he had to renew his contract. But he was champion and had big offers coming for him if his contract ended. So the UFC decided to renew his contract. That's when he made his first million.

- Started to work with financial advisors right away. A lot of athletes get in trouble with taxes. So he made sure to have a solid structure.

- First thing he did with his money was clear all of his parents debt.

- He then bought 2 cars for his parents. Toyotas. They didn't want anything from him but their cars were broken all the time. He wanted to get them something more luxurious but they didn't want it.

- Bought himself a Nissan Xterra for 20k. He likes SUVs cause of the snow and living in Montreal.

- Helped his sister with her Master's degree

- Spent some money helping friends

- Spent time traveling the world to learn new fighting skills. Thailand to learn Muay Thai. Went to Brazil and New York to get better at Jiu Jitsu. Los Angeles to train boxing etc..

- Bought himself a jacuzzi and an ice bath.

- Last thing he bought was a condo for 500K + renovations 100K for a total of $600K.

What a good guy :)

GSP buying just a nice condo for himself seems like a solid idea. These guys go bankrupt buying 2 million dollar houses in super nice areas.
What people don't realize when they buy a house (or any property) is the taxes they owe on it. If you buy a $2 million house, even if you pay up front and no mortgage, you've got taxes due each year. It's not $2 million and done. It's $2 million plus yearly taxes. And when you're in a sport like MMA (or any sport, really) your future is never guaranteed. A single injury could ruin you.

So yeah it's way smarter to buy nice but cheaper things so that you set yourself up properly for the future

Who’s the guy getting up from sitting on his lap?
I personally don't see that, but you tend to see what you really want, deep down inside. Very revealing of you.

Funny how the mind works huh?

I remember he paid his parents’s debt. GSP is smart with his money.

Back