how feminism helps men

You are probably right. We've taken the bait. We should be ashamed.

No, we've all done it at some point. Nothing to be ashamed of. But it's obvious TS is just here to spread his/her feminist propaganda, and while these things need to be discussed, we still shouldn't encourage internet activism.

I was seeing a feminist 5 years ago. My time with her just forced me to get better at arguing. lol

Have you ever felt:

Insecure because your body wasn’t big enough, strong enough, or slim enough?
Pressured to be tough, aggressive and competitive beyond your comfort zone?
Ashamed of your interest in cooking, fashion, dance, or some other activity because you were told it made you “gay” or “a girl”?
Offended by media representations of helpless adult men who cannot feed, clothe, or bathe themselves without the help of a woman?
Burdened by expectations to objectify women?
Helpless when dealing with feelings of sadness, hurt, and shame because you were taught to believe that emotions show weakness and that “real men help themselves”?
Confused at how to be sensitive and kind but still be sexually desirable?
Alone when you suffered an injury but had to “handle it”?
Afraid of being called a “sissy,” “wimp,” “***,” “pussy,” or “bitch,”?
Ambivalent about what it means to be a “real man”?

If even one or two of these is true, then you need feminism.

Feminism is about changing the gender roles, sexual norms, and sexist practices that limit you and punish you when whenever you deviate from them.

And the experiences listed above (and more) do exactly that: tell you what a “man” should be and punish you when you want to act differently.

Feminists think you should have the freedom to explore life beyond the rigid boundaries of traditional masculinity and choose for yourself what aligns with your own values.
are you a guy or girl?? I can't tell.

also props to being one of sherdog's top trolls, respect!

the only way it helps is that girls now pretend it's empowering to sleep around, so it's easier to get laid than ever before. Apart from that, i'll be any way i damn well please and not really worry about the approval of strangers.

you know some male--- female study/psych professor came up with the empowerment shit

prof: Hey girls, do you know how you can become empowered and take control of your body??

Girls:: How?

Prof: By sleeping with as many men as possible, and not worrying if you get called a slut!!! You show them that the word slut doesn't hurt you if you act like a slut!!!

Girls:: Wow that makes lot of sense professor- wanna go to your office and have sex

prof:: Why i never thought of that, i will gladly help you on your way to empowering yourself!!! Hell i'll help a couple of you ladies--- except you, the one with harry armpits. You'll have to find another way to feel empowered.

Larry Bird needs feminism.

bird_350.jpg

i never understand why so many males have a problem with feminism. what are they, muslim?
i'm male and i've lived 55yrs and feminism has never become a problem for me.
i've always believed that women in general are more intelligent than men. does that worry me coz i'm a guy, nope. i think that in general females are more rounded human beings.
i love girls who are independent and smart.

i never understand why so many males have a problem with feminism. what are they, muslim?
i'm male and i've lived 55yrs and feminism has never become a problem for me.
i've always believed that women in general are more intelligent than men. does that worry me coz i'm a guy, nope. i think that in general females are more rounded human beings.
i love girls who are independent and smart.

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

i've always believed that women in general are more intelligent than men.

Albert Einstein
einsteinmain-d221636a3615ffa6e93368e17af047c00f594767-s6-c30.jpg

Sir Isaac Newton
b88c7acf597c0cac11f582076b090928f0286200_large.jpg

Alexander the Great
BattleofIssus333BC-mosaic-detail1.jpg

Genghis Khan
Genghis-Khan-and-Kublai-Khan5.jpg

Bill Gates
bill-gates-jpg.jpg

Vladimir Putin
23ED2B64-E7BF-4833-B3D2-E6781E48AC49_mw800_s.jpg

Gender roles is a bunch of bullshit.

I love to cook, and women love that I cook. And men think it's cool too.

When women come over to my home and see that i clean it regularly, they are turned on.

Men in comitted relationships, who cook and clean at home gets less sex than men who don't.

I really love it when a woman tells me how I'm supposed to think, act and feel as a man. Wow.

what do all those women have in common? they're all ugly as shit. it's no wonder they hate men. none of them could get the d. it's just like dudes that can't bang chicks. instead of looking inward, they blame the chicks. just like that rodger nutjob.

This is a really, really bad post. Ugly women can easily get the d, just as fat women can.

Women control sex men control relationships.

A ugly man - at least if you're on planet earth - can't get laid at nearly the same rate as a female can. Females gets offered sex multiple times a day just strolling through the street.

Newsflash - some women are crazy. How about we start quoting all the men who deny basic rights for women, or would that not be indicative of men as a whole?

Not to mention that those quotes are from 20+ years ago, and the last one is from someone who is likely to be the next president of the US - hardly a feminazi.

Sherdog debating feminism is like feminists debating MMA - not likely to showcase the greatest mental specimens.

Not relevant. Twitter feminists have recently campagned #Killallmen

This is a really, really bad post. Ugly women can easily get the d, just as fat women can.

Women control sex men control relationships.

A ugly man - at least if you're on planet earth - can't get laid at nearly the same rate as a female can. Females gets offered sex multiple times a day just strolling through the street.

LOL, this is a truely laughable post.

This thread is why feminism will not only continue to exist, but will continue to mobilize in a more offensive and (ultimately) detrimental fashion. If men would stop striving to exonerate themselves and retaliate by painting themselves as the victim instead, the feminist movement would be proceeding in a much more civil and academic way.

Also, historically, the feminist movement has aided heavily in the defense of racial and class minorities.

This thread is why feminism will not only continue to exist, but will continue to mobilize in a more offensive and (ultimately) detrimental fashion. If men would stop striving to exonerate themselves and retaliate by painting themselves as the victim instead, the feminist movement would be proceeding in a much more civil and academic way.

But there is some truth to the criticisms of feminism and how it relates to women's interaction with men. I don't think we should just ignore it.

But there is some truth to the criticisms of feminism and how it relates to women's interaction with men. I don't think we should just ignore it.

I have seen very little valid or philosophically reasonable criticism in this thread or in the WR in general. Just the usual "feminism is bad, feminists are ugly and hate all men; men do men things and I don't have erectile dysfunction" shtick.

There have been some questionable dialogues accompanying third wave feminism: mainly the Facebook activists who like to wax on the "men are pigs" platform. Those girls are insanely aggravating (especially since, in my experience, they're women of less character themselves). But that doesn't define the movement.

Feminism does not help men if you are wanting to have a good wife. A feminist will never allow a man to be the leader of the home or love her the way it's supposed to be. (Edit:Unless she gives up her feminist ways of thought) And I'm not talking about sex.
I wonder how many lesbians are feminists? Probably a high percentage. I would think they have a extremely high distrust of men. And based on their life experiences, that may be understandable.

Last edited by a moderator:

We shouldn't ignore it but we also shouldn't blow it out of proportion.

Back