How far will Jiri Prochazka go?

How far will he go?!! All the way!!

Shoutout to the grunts on this forum lol

But yeah, Jiri is one scary dude, think he gets that belt 100

He absolutely unequivocally has the skills and intangibles to become UFC LHW Champ... now if and when he fights Jan the question is... will the Champ or Prochazcha be the first fighter to connect with the fight ending shot, they both possess game changing power. While Jan is much more conservative and technical, his greatest assets are his experience, supreme focus, conditioning and most importantly fight IQ. Jiri his the polar opposite relying on his chin, unconventional techniques, physicality, and unshakable warrior spirit. This is either fighters scrap to win or lose, basically IMO it’s simply a 50/50 coin flip.

What to watch for...

Jan will definitely utilize his entire MMA skillset, I look for him counter strike on the feet while being conservative, yet opportunistic. He will absolutely look to mix in TD’s and try to exploit Jiri’s good but not great TDD and grappling.

Jiri has supreme confidence in his chin, recovery, and durability... he will attempt to gauge distance, time, and get Jan’s rythem fand feel for his power, this is typically for the opening 6 or 7 minutes. If history is an indicator, midway through the 2nd frame his aggression will begin. Jiri will start slowly pressuring while withstanding the counters, expect a measured approach his hands down and chin high, In actuality he’s baiting the Champ to leave himself overextended. If that occurs then blood’s in the water, otherwise expect the pressure to slowly build until absolute chaos occurs. When Jiri starts hitting on all 8 cylinders you’re going to see an onslaught of of fists, elbows, knees, and kicks will occur crapid.y, in succession, coming with odd and unconventional movement, distance and angles. Like a Tony Ferguson or Johnny Walker its a style and methodology that is extremely hard to mimic, or train Jiri’s game plan is quite simple, his opponents will wilt under the onslaught of pressure and he will opportunistically attempt to finish the fight by any means possible.

Or if you’d like to entertain the spiritual view on the subject... will the Just Bleed God’s continue to inspire and treat him as a The Favored Son of Ares the God of War, represented by aggressive acts of brutality and raw violence resulting in bloodshed
Great post.
Jiri's got the x factor...
We can talk about this all day but in the end Jiri is really unpredictable,and that might make all the difference in the probable bloodbath that will be this fight.

2 questions

1. When was it worse? Can you give a timeframe?

2. What fucking talent? Jiri, Rakic, Spann and SMITH? Anthony Smith? The guy that got 49-42 by Jon and that only happen because Jon had 2 points deducted.
Jon Jones Damage control tbh imo ngl ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great post.
Jiri's got the x factor...
We can talk about this all day but in the end Jiri is really unpredictable,and that might make all the difference in the probable bloodbath that will be this fight.
I’m just trying to be objective, without sounding like the huge Jiri fan girl that I am...LoL It’s honestly hard not sound super emotionally invested in your posting when you’re a huge proponent of said fighter,not to mention fan who’s followed Jiri’s career from Rizen and was ecstatic when he finally signed with the UFC. I was thinking that it was coming, since he had said that was where he wanted to test himself against the top guys, but wasn’t 100% convinced since he turned them down the first time around. When I heard that he was signed, I knew that he would surly give the JB fan base some great and memorable performances, that being said, I was honestly nervous and somewhat skeptical about how he’d actually perform against the elite guys with his wide open style. We never got the specifics on his deal, but when he was slated to fight Volkan, I knew he must’ve gotten a big deal done, the UFC expected big things from him to be jumping him right into a top 10 fight. But, let’s be real, going from fighting a blown up Dolloway to an Oezdemir was a chasm size step up in competition, it was clear that it was going to be trial by fire, sink or swim. However, even the most optimistic fan couldn’t have imagined that he’d starch back to back UFC caliber top 10 guys, #8, followed by #3 LHW’s, by drop em dead where they stood KO no less, the latter being a KOTY candidate. TBH, even as an ardent Prozchaska fan In hindsight it’s was really unpredictable. actually more like unbelievable, that after 2 fights in the UFC he’d performed to the extent that he’s knocking on the door for a TS for his next fight.
upload_2021-9-18_7-45-33.gif
<{jackyeah}>
WAR Jiri “Favored Son of JBG’s” Prochaska
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I’m just trying to be objective, without sounding like the huge Jiri fan girl that I am...LoL It’s honestly hard not sound super emotionally invested in your posting when you’re a huge proponent of said fighter,not to mention fan who’s followed Jiri’s career from Rizen and was ecstatic when he finally signed with the UFC. I was thinking that it was coming, since he had said that was where he wanted to test himself against the top guys, but wasn’t 100% convinced since he turned them down the first time around. When I heard that he was signed, I knew that he would surly give the JB fan base some great and memorable performances, that being said, I was honestly nervous and somewhat skeptical about how he’d actually perform against the elite guys with his wide open style. We never got the specifics on his deal, but when he was slated to fight Volkan, I knew he must’ve gotten a big deal done, the UFC expected big things from him to be jumping him right into a top 10 fight. But, let’s be real, going from fighting a blown up Dolloway to an Oezdemir was a chasm size step up in competition, it was clear that it was going to be trial by fire, sink or swim. However, even the most optimistic fan couldn’t have imagined that he’d starch back to back UFC caliber top 10 guys, #8, followed by #3 LHW’s, by drop em dead where they stood KO no less, the latter being a KOTY candidate. TBH, even as an ardent Prozchaska fan In hindsight it’s was really unpredictable. actually more like unbelievable, that after 2 fights in the UFC he’d performed to the extent that he’s knocking on the door for a TS for his next fight.
View attachment 880348
<{jackyeah}>
WAR Jiri “Favored Son of JBG’s” Prochaska
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>
Goatchazka is the goat tbh ngl imo

2 questions

1. When was it worse? Can you give a timeframe?

2. What fucking talent? Jiri, Rakic, Spann and SMITH? Anthony Smith? The guy that got 49-42 by Jon and that only happen because Jon had 2 points deducted.
Jan, Jiri, Rakic, Ankalaev, and Spann. Reyes, Oz, and even old man Glover are still solid.

Towards the end of DCs championship run until around when Jon came back to fight Gus was weaker

I think he matches well against Jan and will become champion. He gets through Rakic also

What crack are you smoking? Jiri annihilated a top 5 fighter, someone who many thought beat Jones.
What I'm saying is that Jiri is a knockout artist just like Jake was up until his last match.
Knockout after knockout after knockout

Gee I don’t know. So much mystery surrounding an almost 40 fight veteran. Glover is fighting for a title. Glover would look like Jonathan Goulet against jiri.

There is a chance he will be the new LHW champ by next year.

Gee I don’t know. So much mystery surrounding an almost 40 fight veteran. Glover is fighting for a title. Glover would look like Jonathan Goulet against jiri.
Jiri's young and this is Glovers last chance. He's earned this shot. Let the man have it. Fights based on merit help the sport.

1) He's 28.
2) The difference between his fight with Oezdmir, and his fight with Reyes, is noticeable. He became much less hittable. His head movement became much better, and he didn't duck into any uppercuts. He actually got rocked in the Oezdemir fight and if I remember correctly he would have probably been knocked down if he didn't land back on the cage.
3) Even Dominick, who is a proficient wrestler and very strong, couldn't keep him down. He was able to explode up as Reyes was trying to go from half guard to full mount. It did not seem to exhaust him.
4) It's almost impossible to train for him. Prochazka is doing the kind of things that Jones should be doing. Go back and look at Jones' fights pre-USADA, and even during the second Cormier fight (at which we all know he popped for steroids). What Jiri is doing, is an evolution from that kind of fighting-- a massive, massive toolbox, things from which you have no idea he will use.

These things indicate that his ceiling is very, very high. If he's still green, which it appears he is, he'll be champion one day no doubt. I think he could outdo Jan in a year or so.

Right now I would favor Jan because he hits harder than anyone in that division, and Jiri's head movement isn't good enough. Obviously anything can happen but that's how I would see it playing out. I don't know their respective reach so that might adjust my opinion.

But if his trajectory is what it appears to be, in a year or two I don't think anyone will have anything for him, not even a roided Jones

Back