How Far Fitness Has Fallen

That's weird, I was replying to you saying, "Right"?! It got cut off I think, because I duplicated tabs. Yeah, I'm agreeing with you, the article is bunk.

That's weird, I was replying to you saying, "Right"?! It got cut off I think, because I duplicated tabs. Yeah, I'm agreeing with you, the article is bunk.

Oh gotcha. My bad.

Pretty weird article imo. I dont doubt that a caveman had retard strength and is in much better shape than lazy people who are overly sedentary, but to say theyre a better specimen than today's athletes is just lol worthy. Comparing today's athletes to that of just 80 years ago is an incredible difference.

There are parts of the world today where people still live like cavemen. None of them look like musclebound hyperborean conquerors to me.

That was some of the shittiest scientific reporting I have ever seen, and, considering just how terrible scientific reporting typically is, that is saying a lot.

This was the only good thing in that page:
paleo-fit-woman_fe.jpg

...I dont doubt that a caveman had retard strength...

I've got retard strength! (well, I fulfill part of the criteria). I also live closer to Cambridge than anyone else in this thread and I'm really hairy from the waist down.
What do I win?

"Science Journalism" really has much more of the latter than the former in it. Always read the study.

That being said, most of our hunter-gatherer ancestors were pretty large and in charge, due to a lot of physical exertion and varied diets.

Once people moved into the Neolithic era style of subsistence farming, they were in pretty shit state; living off only one or two different types of food in a lot of cases.

Huntin' and Gatherin' can bring dat swole.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/Bathurst_Island_men.jpg

Look at skeletons of early man and they were short and hugely boned.

Seriously whats up with this romance and affection some people have with our cavemen ancestors.

Seriously whats up with this romance and affection some people have with our cavemen ancestors.

It's the ultimate version of how things were better "Back in the day".

Grok had to walk to school, uphill both ways, in the middle of an ice age. Then he had to invent school. And he liked it that way.

You guys are just way too jealous of the caveman. Probably due to the great functional strength he developed surviving on a primitive lifestyle.

It's the ultimate version of how things were better "Back in the day".

Grok had to walk to school, uphill both ways, in the middle of an ice age. Then he had to invent school. And he liked it that way.

You guys are just way too jealous of the caveman. Probably due to the great functional strength he developed surviving on a primitive lifestyle.

I'm going to guess that even the cavemen just called it "strength". No need to add the ridiculous, superfluous word "functional" to it. Unless we're starting a new trend of redundancy so that we can sound like we're talking about something specific and scientific when we are, in fact, not.

Next, you'll want to start using terms like "edible food" and "wearable clothing".

Look at skeletons of early man and they were short and hugely boned.
Youre thinking of neanderthals who had much more robust skeletons than our Cro-Magnon ancestors. I think an elite athlete of today would beat most cromagnons in their particular event, though theyre probably not as well rounded. But a neanderthal would be extremely favored for strength events against a modern human.

Theyd take every medal in weightlifting, wrestling and judo and destroy us in powerlifting and bjj. We'd dominate them in running, swimming, and team sports though.

Back