How Far Fitness Has Fallen

The "elite athletes" that were used in the "study" were Cambridge student cross country runners, and all they concluded was that ancient cavemen have denser bones.

Pat Mendes bone density in literally 20 times that of the "average person", I would like to see how that stacks up to our midget ancestors.

How far fitness has fallen or how much evolution has increased our intelligence thus further relying on tools/machines than brawn?

Funny how athletes keep improving.

how tall was the average cave man? I might be able to out run him, but he would probably kick my ass.

That's... sort of the point. It compares average humans to average humans...

Right, but their hype line is "even the most elite athletes"

Which is some straight bullshit. Outliers have been getting progressively more ...outlier-y as training, size of athletic population, nutrition, and DRUGS have gotten better.

Grok doesn't have nandrolene

That's... sort of the point. It compares average humans to average humans...

Well again, to be clear, when they say:

If you were to cross paths with one of your farming ancestors (circa 7,500 to 2,000 B.C.), he'd shove you to the ground, kick sand in your face, and jog off into the sunset with your mate slung over his shoulder.

We have a diversity of humans nowadays that they didn't have back then. Now, a Stephen hawking lives a long, productive life, as (maybe) does a 600-lb morbidly obese man or a 95-lb hipster weakling. These types wouldn't have survived back then.

Like I said, I'm sure "on average" modern people are weak tits compared to people who had to do physical work to survive. But not all of us are unfamiliar with physical work.

And I'm personally not willing to concede that an ancient farmer would knock me to the ground and kick sand in my face. In fact, I think I'd kick his ass.

Breaking news: Human-kind is adapting to a world that requires less physical exertion and as a result are less healthy.

mind=blown

64570d1337452356-poor-4runner-warning-graphic-content-borat-not-jb.jpg

Right, but their hype line is "even the most elite athletes"

Which is some straight bullshit. Outliers have been getting progressively more ...outlier-y as training, size of athletic population, nutrition, and DRUGS have gotten better.

Which is why I said to read the actual scientific article, rather than the nonsense hype article. Don't give attention to idiotic reporting on what is a sensible work.

Nowhere in the original article is the line

I would double leg an ancestor and arm bar him.

Back