How far do you travel to train?

That would be pretty awesome to be able to walk ten minutes to the gym.

At the moment its a 5-8 minute drive, going to be training in Melbourne though (currently living in Ballarat) so it'll take me 2 hours each way. I do bjj too so I'll only do MT 2-3 times a week; starting off with once for the first 2-3 so I get used to it again and don't get so drained from travelling right away.

5 minute jog to Muay Thai

10 minute walk and 30 minute bus ride to bjj

Too far! Usually around 1-1/2 hours during traffic, and 30 min on Saturdays. But our coach and fight team are worth the drive IMO (and we have lots of gym choices in our area).

15 mins or 20 mins by car if the traffic is normal.

I hope you hav a shower at the gym, couldn't hink of anything worse than sitting next to someone just finished training on public transport

Do you think that's worse than rolling with a guy who'd just finished a contruction work and wearing a sleeveless t-shirt without freshening up just before sparring?

I think it's his way of making his opponents tap easily in a matter of seconds...:rolleyes:

Anyway, travel time is 1 hour two-way on a 6 cylinder car, trains 4x a week , petrol cost is subbing me more than sparring, lol

Maybe takes a half hour by bus, ten minutes by car ride.

It takes me about 30 minutes by bus. I am also considering going to another gym a few times a month to get another view on things. But that would take like 2 hours by bus..

According to google maps it's 16 minute drive. But usually I have to leave 30 minutes before class start time due to traffic for which google maps does not account for.

Can't wait for the release of teleportation

Last edited:
12 minutes on my bicycle to my own gym full of noobs. :)

for the more serious training: 2 hours on train

20 minutes on bicycle, more going home because I tend to be very tired.
Roughly the same time on buss, wintertime (it stops a lot on the way, and dont exactly go the shortest route).

When I was starting out ages ago, I rode the bus about 1 hour to training and just under 3 hours back (due to a badly planned bus schedule that left me waiting for a connecting bus for close to 2 hours. I REALLY hated that waiting room).
I should have moved sooner.

about 35 miles door to door. when i go train, traffic is a bitch and it can take about 1 1/2 hours. on the way home, about 40mins.

30-45 minutes depending on traffic.

Both ways take about the same time usually.

15-20 minutes by car depending on traffic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back