How far can Patrick Cote go?

I think he's winding down actually... but he's got the skills to beat most WW's and the chin to withstand any of their attacks. At best I see him doing a bit of a run, like 4-5 wins in a row, then loses an uneventful contenders fight and then sort of just fades away afterwards, like George Sot.

I can see him getting a match with Anderson Silva sometime by late 2008

I'd like to see how Cote would handle Erik Silva when he eventually makes his return.

Cote can't be KOd.

method=get&s=patrick-cote-alessio-sakara-gif.gif

Two of them weren't. Two of eight ain't great, though.

He looked good against Noke. Yes he had some controversial fights in the past, but I think he's improved and could make something of himself in the WW division. He still seems to have his chin and punching power at least.

Who should he fight? How high in the rankings do you see him going?

1329346305gallery-fighter-detail.jpg

is he in a car or on foot?

I dunno even know about Matt Brown. I don't know what to say about that guy. He's doing awesome when he really shouldn't be lol. A solid wrestler is going to expose Matt Brown imo. Get everyone outta lala land from all the hype.

I haven't seen anyone overrate him. I think everyone's as shocked as you are.

I haven't seen anyone overrate him. I think everyone's as shocked as you are.

Yeah, probably right about that. I just meant that collectively. Get everyone, including Matt Brown back to reality. Push him back down the rankings as soon as he fights a wrestler.

I don't know if he maintains his signature punching power at 170. Will (almost) always support Quebec fighters but I don't think Cote w/o punching power is a top 10 170 pounder. Will be both fun and heartbreaking seeing him try.

Not much further. He's just never been, and never will be, a top level fighter. Decent gatekeeper, but not really too great at that either, IMO.

Lol its hilarious to hear the bullshit people believe. Anderson was dominating that fight. How the fuck can u win a decision by being a punching bag?

Haven't watched it in a long while (because that fight is incredibly dull and unsatisfying) but if memory serves me while I definitely had Anderson winning at the time Cote injured himself, not a whole lot had really happened for the ten-odd minutes prior to that. Really, almost nothing happened. That was a boring-ass fight.

I think suggesting either guy was dominating is a bit of a stretch.

Yeah, probably right about that. I just meant that collectively. Get everyone, including Matt Brown back to reality. Push him back down the rankings as soon as he fights a wrestler.

I'm not buying into the hype, really, but why do you want to see Brown lose? Hasn't his win streak been fun to see?

Cote is starting to slow but he's very well rounded. His last fight was a war. I want Cot vs A. Silva 2

Back