How far can Magny go in the UFC?

Joonbugg

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I wanna see Magny continue his run. Got clipped in that last fight against Lim, but came back and finished him in the 2nd round. Impressive run he is on. 7 straight wins in the UFC with 4 finishes is no joke, no matter which division. He seems to get stronger as fights go on, which is rare, and finishes guys late.

Finally got a top 10 opponent in Maia. I think Magny can possibly crack the top 5 in the next year or so, but that quartet of Hendricks, Woodley, Rory, and Condit is tough to crack.

Got a great test tomorrow night in Maia. I'm pulling for him to win, and I think he gets it done.

He has looked very good so far. But he has yet to fight top competition. We'll see how he fares against a downhill Maia. I'd agree with TS though, top 5 seems definitely possible.

Magny has looked terrific and he is on a crazy tear, but Maia is not the guy to sleep on. If Magny can keep it standing, he takes the decision. If Maia gets him down, he either loses that round badly, or he gets subbed. If Magny gets the win, he's only 1 Top 5 win away from the title shot, or they may just give him a shot after Condit.

Smells like a high level gatekeeper, but he is durable and has good wrestling, good use of his range. He's like a tiny Bones without the chin and mentality.

Magny had problems with Kunimoto's ground game, I don't see him standing a chance against Maia who is better on the ground.

He may reach fitch status but unlikely to ascend past that.

Maia takes this fight. Maia knows how to stay away from the KO. He will grind out a victory or sub magny.

I see his streak snapping. I think Maia is too much for him at this point. Magny will have the edge standing, but Maia's grappling is as good as it gets. Magny has been piling up the wins and he has come a long way, getting better every fight. This is the fight where his streak ends though.

Maia via sub, round 2.

I wanna see Magny continue his run. Got clipped in that last fight against Lim, but came back and finished him in the 2nd round. Impressive run he is on. 7 straight wins in the UFC with 4 finishes is no joke, no matter which division. He seems to get stronger as fights go on, which is rare, and finishes guys late.

Finally got a top 10 opponent in Maia. I think Magny can possibly crack the top 5 in the next year or so, but that quartet of Hendricks, Woodley, Rory, and Condit is tough to crack.

I have dollars on Maia. Just because he lost to Rory doesnt mean he isnt top shelf at 170. Way way better than anyone Magny has faced before.

hes only about two to 3 fights from a title shot, Maia- Matt Brown- Hendricks- Title

Magny needs to tear through Maia looking like a 170lb version of bones jones in order to get his recognition, unfortunately.

Poor guy doesn't get the respect he deserves especially with a win streak like that in the ufc. He doesn't seem to have to many fans.

I always count him out but he ends up proving me wrong so I am going to pick him this time around by close decision.

Back