How Far Can Dvalishvili Go?

Kratos94

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
For the first time in his career, Dvalishvili is now in the top 10, currently ranked at #10 with a six-fight winning streak over the likes of Cody Stamann, John Dodson and Gustavo Lopez... all of his UFC wins have been by decision. He is like a slightly worse version of Colby Covington.

I assume he won't ever fight his friend/teammate, Aljamain Sterling; however, let us be real- Sterling isn't beating Yan in a rematch and he will get finished.

Top 10:
(Fake) Champion: Aljamain Sterling
1) Petr Yan
2) Cory Sandhagen
3) Rob Font
4) Cody Garbrandt
5) Jose Aldo
6) Marlon Moraes
7) Frankie Edgar
8) Pedro Munhoz
9) Dominick Cruz
10) Merab Dvalishvili

A pretty stacked top 10, to say the least. I could see him beating Moraes? Due to Moraes' poor cardio, maybe Edgar because he is older? Dvalishvili has good takedowns, but he can't finish fights and cannot control his opponents on the bottom. I think he gets destroyed by Yan, Sandhagen (by decision), Aldo (only in a three round fight) and Garbrandt, probably.

Thoughts?

He is absolutely relentless. Need to see this guy in a 5 round fight asap. Can see him breaking the top 5 within next year.

Miles! Dude's cardio is insane

Is he ducking Raoni? I was excited for that fight, hope ufc book it again.

Heavy hands, unlimited cardio, super strong. More technical work and ground control and this guy goes far

Is he ducking Raoni? I was excited for that fight, hope ufc book it again.

They've never been booked to fight. You're thinking of Assuncao.

Barcelos is fighting Timur Valiev this summer

Yan is a nightmare for wrestlers, and would brutalize Dvalishvili. I think he could maybe beat Munhoz at most.
Right now yeah but I could see him working his way up and fixing his holes by the time he gets to a title shot.

A guy with that kind of wrestling and gastank is a problem for the division. But Yan with his Dagestan style anti-wrestling might be his worst matchup.

He might crack the top 5.

His fights do absolutely nothing for me, so hopefully he'll be relegated to being a top 10 gatekeeper.

I don't see him going that far due to the division being the deepest in the UFC. When you have all these up and coming killers you need more than cardio and takedowns. He needs to up his control and ground and pound game.

If he's keep improving then I can see him being a champion. But there's a lot of great anti-wrestler in that division. Guys like Yan, Rivera,Munoz, Cruz and Aldo are nearly impossible wrestle.

For some reason I really like saying this dudes name is a broken Eastern European accent. Don't know why

Back