How far are Mir and Big Nog from the title shot?

Nog with a win deserves a title shot. He got hit behind the ear by Cain! Flash knockouts don't count right?

Not close, only way i can see happening would be, contender injured and other ones booket or dont want to get fight short notice, ala Vitor & Sonnen vs Jones scenario

Mir won't be getting another title shot unless he dominates his next 3 or 4 opponents, assuming he even fights that many more times.

If Nog beats Werdum he will probably be 1 fight away, unless JDS regains the title before him.

Neither have a good shot at getting to the title anytime soon but then again HW is weak. Nog has the slightly easier match up but Mir has a more marketable push if he wins his next fight or two because he hasn't fought Cain and lost yet. Still both are dangerous but I think they are long shots to ever get a title shot again.

If were going to give an old past his prime hw a title shot it's probably going to end up being Barnett or Hunt. I don't mean to insult them because both are still very dangerous and against JDS stylistically would have a decent shot. Against Cain Hunt would have to land very early and Barnett would need a super human effort to keep what happened against Cormier from happening again.

Now if Reem dethrones Cain though that's a different ball game and Barnett could very well beat Reem.

If, and thats a big if, Nog can beat Werdum then it puts him right in line. As for Mir I think he is 2 fights away from being in the title picture again.

I expected a lot more support for Mir and Nog. They still are top 10.

Realistically if Cain stays champ 3 solid wins in a row should put Mir back into contention, he's known by casual fans and he's good at selling fights. Now, whether he can string those kind of wins together again we will have to see.

As for Big Nog, he would also have to string some wins together but since he was already destroyed by Velasquez, I don't see a rematch happening. He also probably wouldn't fight Dos Santos. So really he needs Overeem to beat Big Foot and become HW champ... plus he has to beat Werdum and possibly Cormier if he beats Mir. There is a very slim chance that all works out in Big Nog's favor.

Right now I think there are more interesting matches for Mir at the top of the division than Big Nog, which would help him get to a title quicker. I'd like to see Mir against anyone near the top of the division other than Dos Santos again. Nog on the other hand, probably won't fight Velasquez again, wouldn't fight Junior and since Big Foot has the minotauro tattoo on his arm he probably wouldn't fight him neither that doesn't leave him a lot of routes to take to a title shot.

I am probably the only who thinks that Nog is the more likely one to get a shot. I think Mir is far more shot than Nog, and that the latter is the superior fighter. I think he will beat Werdum, outstriking him.

I don't see any of them winning their next fight.

I'd give Nog a title shot if he beats Werdum, but I'm just a fanboy so what do I know.

would like to see mir cut some weight and be his fast/speedy boxing self once more:)

His submissions and ground game maybe fun to watch against someone like cain.

Nog and Mir arent beating anyone... Mir shouldnt even be top 10hw

Back