How exactly is Reebok profiting in all this ?

Coffee79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1) The kit and uniforms and apparel haven't been a hit

2) Dana's brought a lot of bad press with his words

3) There isn't much talk of big sales since this merger

4) They keep paying out thousands to fighters for events

How exactly is Reebok gaining in all this ?

I forgot Reebok existed before they got the sponsorship, now I realize they do actually still exist not that I would ever buy their D-level junk. I think that's all Reebok could have hoped for.

Do Nothing Bitch + Reebok = 70 million sales.

Even if it results in a loss "on the books" Reebok benefits from creating brand awareness (good or bad) and locking down a sport, I'm guessing they're edging themselves on the fact the UFC will grow much bigger and become a world wide recognized sport.

I don't get all the hate to REEBOK as a company. They haven't done anything wrong IMO but some stupid decisions have been made by Dana and the F bros.

I used to have the Reebok pumps like 13 years ago when I played basketball. And they actually make decent stuff at least they did.

I saw a girl wearing reebok today. I assume she's a Ronda fan.

1 & 3: It is 5 weeks into the deal. While I don't see WWE levels of merchandise being moved, their mark-up is huge
2: The bad press is mostly hardcores. Most fans don't care about it!
4: It is exposure & brand awareness. Do you think every sponsor on a fighters ass made money immediately after an event? it is also Reeboks footstep back into being taken seriously by other sports.

I understand everything you are saying though, but it is way too early to judge anything

R3 has to wear Reebok and everything R3 touches turns to gold.

11363651_854867587900771_1584602799_n.jpg

Right now it's still prob an investment. Reebok has become bigger and bigger over the years. It turned itself from an ''uncool brand' in the shadows of nike and adidas into a hipster brand.

Just look at what they did with crossfiit.

As much as Zuffa wanted to pay the fighters more, they couldn't afford it due to costs of operating the business. So now Reebok has been able to step in and do some humanitarian work of helping these figbters to feed their pet mice, guinea pigs, and so-forth.
The pride that comes from doing a great thing has raised the moral of everyone involved with Reebok. That benefit is priceless.

It's only on Sherdog that everyone pretends Reebok is trash. I'm guessing it's mostly people who haven't seen the inside of an athletic store. They have exclusive rights to many sports, including the NHL. They are actually a really popular apparely brand when it comes to sports apparel. Also, the kits launched in July. Shocking that the entire world isn't dressed in them by August.

Also, the kits themselves get bashed hard on here, but when they first launched, everyone I actually watched the fights with were all talking about how good they were. I probably won't by any unless Diaz or Silva fight again, but that's beside the point.

It's only on Sherdog that everyone pretends Reebok is trash. I'm guessing it's mostly people who haven't seen the inside of an athletic store. They have exclusive rights to many sports, including the NHL. They are actually a really popular apparely brand when it comes to sports apparel. Also, the kits launched in July. Shocking that the entire world isn't dressed in them by August.

Also, the kits themselves get bashed hard on here, but when they first launched, everyone I actually watched the fights with were all talking about how good they were. I probably won't by any unless Diaz or Silva fight again, but that's beside the point.

How much is Reebok paying to post here and where can i apply?

Nike makes money because they sell a Brady, Sherman, Manning jersey and get paid. Girls will start wearing Ronda shirts, men wearing jersey of their favorite fighter just like any other sport. That is the money.

Back