How exactly is Fury supposed to avoid being robbed of his consciousness again in the Wilder rematch?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by TheMaster, Nov 25, 2019.

1. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

You didnt answer the question, and I never said anyone was scared.

So, true or false, Fury turned down the immediate remarch?

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  2. treelo

treelo //Do something here

You need to calm down a bit on the newbs, Wilder did the same sort of thing with his rejection of the 100m offer

Promoters/Boxers are going to lie, fans are going to be dickheads about it...dont be one of them

GoldenAzazel and amok attitude like this.
  3. IGotAHugePeckah

IGotAHugePeckah Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

lol Tyson always went the distance and got robbed of a decision

4. PUO3

And hell be rightfully ridiculed for the rest of his career and long after. Unless he somehow manages to top those earnings, which looks like hes no where close right now.

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  5. defjaam

defjaam Beltless

You absolutely said that he doesn't want that smoke again, LOL. What smoke though? Deontay moving around like a mummy the whole fight and landing a lucky punch in round 12?

My answer is that Bob Arum wanted both boxers to fight 1-2 other fights first in order to make the rematch bigger.
    Wilder did his part by knocking out two higher ranked opponents... Fury's two fights were lackluster, he knocked out a journeyman and looked bad against another journeyman. The WWE thing probably helped him more with his popularity in the US.
    But Arums plan is still into force as far as I'm concerned, and the rematch should normally be next.

WildWestWhoopAss and Black Mamba like this.
  6. PUO3

Youre making a sorry attempt of putting words in my mouth. I said he didnt want the fight. Never once anywhere did I say, imply, or suggest that he is scared. There can be more reasons than fear to not take a fight, and I certainly dont think fear is the reason he didnt take it.

Like I said, Ill believe it when I see it.

7. RDL81

RDL81 Green Belt

Your reason for him not wanting the fight is on the basis of him not taking it on rubbish terms immediately after....if the fight is made for Feb then your point is invalid. You don't have to rematch straight away. Also for wilder to prove he is the best he needs to beat other top HW at best he has fought two guys in the top 15 and one of those is at the end of his career. He has ducked at least three others so far in AJ, Whyte and Parker. I think he is a lot better than what some people outside of the USA give him credit for he keeps it simple but does it extremely well and not to forget he did have an amateur career so cant be skill less. For me he has avoided the big fights and if he wants a real legacy he needs to have those fights.

8. PUO3

Except thats not what happened. They said the timing wasnt right, not that terms were “rubbish”.

Wilder needs a big fight, like Fury......? Who said no? I agree.

Believe it when I see it. Until then Fury is the same full of shit lying con artist he always has been.

Goatenstein likes this.
  9. defjaam

defjaam Beltless

Not to mention that he had just signed the ESPN deal... They couldn't lock the February date on short notice anyway. But @PUO3 be the type of guy who sees everything in black and white.

10. Goatenstein

Goatenstein Black Belt

I'm sure Fury will avoid it by fighting another weak European instead.

PUO3 likes this.
  11. PUO3

Zzzzzzzzz

Youre simply making excuses for Fury very openly ducking Wilder. Its that simple.

12. Samdwich

Samdwich White Belt

Right here:
    Now I'm not cool enough to be down with the lingo you kids use these days buuuut that sounds like you're accusing him of being scared.

13. PUO3

So you cant show me where I said he was scared. Gotcha. (Because it was never said.)

14. defjaam

defjaam Beltless

So what does "he doesn't want that smoke" exactly mean, translated? Lol

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  15. PUO3

He doesnt want to fight Wilder again. Hence why he turned it down.

16. HelpYouFall

HelpYouFall Purple Belt

In the kitchen, not bothered over a steak.
    That's not what he asked.

17. lukeuidswords

lukeuidswords Brown Belt

The only reason he got dropped was in round 12 he started standing his ground and trading with Wilder
    If he just stays on his bike he would have taken that round and the fight

18. purpleheart

purpleheart Green Belt

He has multiple ways; outbox him all night with slickness like he did last time (and hope he doesnt get caught). He could even pressure wilder into a 12 round inside brawl (wilder literally has NO inside game).

Fury haters are very based. Deontay has the touch of death for sure but he needs to land. The guy got horribly outboxed by ortiz again for 6 rounds untill he found his bomb. Cant believe you guys are so confident in him.

19. revoltub

revoltub Acting Manager

Strangely still would've been a split. One judge had it 115 to 111 wilder

20. TheMaster

TheMaster Take The Road To Reality

To be fair, can u blame Fury for not wanting to take the fight again?
    He got KTFO and was a second/a refs discretion away from having the fight called off.

He seriously needs to work on his gameplan because trying to outppint someone and getting dropped and put to sleep/waking up again is not anyones idea of an undisputed champion.

In my view his only chance is to hurt Wilder bad early and throw him off his game or try to KO wilder and risk planting his feet more and getting KO'd in the process. But trying to dance still led to getting put down anyway so he has nothing to lose to take more chances.

Deep down, the Furys are gypsy fighting men. They know Fury lost the 'fight' even if he (arguably) won the 'boxing point scoring match'.

I'm hoping he comes back with something to prove and tries to take Wilder out. Ending the fight is the only guarentee he doesnt get put to sleep again.