How Exactly did Cain get a Title Shot Rematch After One Win?

I think that this is overstated in these forums. Hispanic income per capita is very low in the US. It is a fact that they have less disposable income than almost any other demographic. Pay per views are disposable income.

Also, the ones most likely to identify with the whole "Brown Pride" thing ( the recent immigrants) have the least disposible income.

Oscar776823.jpg

How did Sonnen get one in the weight class above after losing a championship fight for the second time time in his own weight class?

Doesn't have to make sense - all about the money.

it was a risky move on cains part winning against bigfoot, nearly ruined his chance at a title shot...........

Are you kidding me? With all the people getting title shots coming off losses, you're complaining about a guy who's actually on a winning streak?

Overeem was suspended and Werdum's wins were against non top 10 fighters.

dos-santos-win.jpg

I don't blame him for saying he was, though. You have to talk and BS in this sport or it will hurt your career.

419462039e6c0e52c639a94.jpg

Who does JDS think he can fool with his fake doctor and fake surgery a couple days off the fight.

UFC is now following the WWE's model for title shots. Screw the guy who earned it, this one will sell more PPV buys.

Antonio Silva beat Fedor. Cain beat the fuck out of a guy who beat Fedor, instant special treatment.

Er.. Werdum beat Fedor first (more significant imo, and unlike Boldenone-Silva, and TRT-Hendo, only 100% legitimate loss*) and is on a slightly better streak than Cain.

Also, Werdum fought JDS over four years ago in JDS' first UFC appearance. Cain fought him just one fight ago. I don't see how your argument holds water.

*Before the haters chime in, yeah, he lost to BF, but that will always be tainted due to his PED history, and Hendo.. yeah. I could write a paragraph there.

Overeem was suspended and Werdum's wins were against non top 10 fighters.

Russow was top ten *after* he lost to Werdum http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/2/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-45067 , so I'm sure he was there in the mix before. He wasn't 'ranked' at the time but that means f-all, and Roy Nelson is a credible win, too.

Shit match making from the UFC.

Not talking shit about your quote, but it's smart match making. Two ways to get a match in the UFC, earn it through fights and climbing the ladder, or being a company man and making money for the growing promotion. They don't mix well obviously, as seen on the forums, but it's smart.

UFC is like a young Microsoft. They aren't the mega company yet but well on their way to getting there. They need to mix these two philosophies of match making for awhile more until they are more established.

that win against silva was domination. and since reem is suspended that time, i dont think anyone is ahead of cain in terms of hw rankings. and cain could win against JDS as well

It's a combination of Cain being the former champ (which always bumps you at least close to the front of the line) and Werdum's infamous flop-o-rama being too recent (he can't get a TS before Reem, unless Reem loses to Bigfoot). Factor in those 2 things, plus the play for the Mexican market and there you go.

Both Cain and Werdum are worthy of title shots at the moment, it just comes down to your preference. I think with Cain being the former champ and the first fight not really proving much either way, this is a good match up.

What surprises me the most is why did Cain made a bloody mess out of Silva, and there was not even a scar tissue on Cheick Kongo's face after their fight? Is it Silva being too slow to protect himself or Kongo made of stone?

Check out the ppv buys for anytime a high profile Mexican boxer fights. Then maybe you will understand why ufc has pushed Cain as a Mexican above anything else. They are desperate to tap into that market. Add in to the fact that its a thin division, of course Cains gonna get it.

I thought you had to lose your last fight to get a title shot?

dos-santos-win.jpg

I don't blame him for saying he was, though. You have to talk and BS in this sport or it will hurt your career.

he said he was injured after the fight

not sure what your point is

Back