How embarrassed is Thurman?

7.62x39

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For losing to a 40 yr old? All talk. No spark.

I really expected Thurman to do a lot better.

Naw. Pac is a once in a lifetime fighter and no shame in losing a Dec to a motiaved Pac.

He's probably pretty happy about losing.

He shouldnt be embarrassed at all

Not embarrassed, he'll be disappointed. He worked Manny out by moving forward and landing the straight right, but he wasn't able to sustain it from the 4th to the 12th.

Also the body shot fucked him.

Except 40 year old Manny has more spark than 95% of fighter's half his age. #blesssed

Yea I was shocked with just how uncomfortable Thurman was in there. Pac's speed and power at 40 years old caused him absolute hell.

Except 40 year old Manny has more spark than 95% of fighter's half his age. #blesssed

What do you know about that A-Side meth? They say it can keep Philippine soliders fighting in war even after DEATH.

Thurman didn't have the skills to beat Manny at 40 and a prime Manny destroyers him easily.

He seemed to take the loss well. It's not like he was a massive favourite here (Pac was the betting favourite by fight time).

I think Thurman wasn't used to punching someone and having that person punch back roughly at the same time too.

I honestly think thurman was a bit scared of pac's power.

Nothing to be embarrassed about honestly. He lost to one of the greatest fighters of all time and he almost completed his comeback against him.

The analysts said somebody stopped a 6-figure bet on Thurman right before the fight.

Not a good look.

Makes this era look very weak vs previous era

thurman said he was gonna retire pacquiao

Disappointed? Yes. Embarrassed? No. He lost to an absolute legend who didn't look shot. He made a lot of money and wasn't KO'd, he'll be fine.

Love both, but wanted (and expected) Thurman to win an easy UD.

Pac still has fire left in him, whereas Thurman is a shell of himself pre-injury. Can't believe that at one point, I thought Thurman was better than both Spence and Crawford.

It's a two horse race to see who is best at WW - Spence, Bud...... and everybody else is in a distant 3rd.

Congrats to Manny for another legendary performance in an already HOF career.

I gave Thurman one round early by the smallest of fractions. I think it was the 4th or 5th. But not even because of Thurman out landing Manny. I gave it to Keith because Manny simply let off the gas and coasted for a round.

Then there was 2 rounds late I gave Thurman. I think the 8th and 9th. But then Pacquiao schooled him the next round and had him doubled over running away for 90 seconds from a body shot.

Keith had built a window of momentum from those 2 rounds and Pacquiao immediately killed it with that body shot.

8-4 Manny or at the ABSOLUTE WORST 7-5 Manny but that's a weird score considering the knockdown. The knockdown in the first put Manny up 2 rounds right off the hop because of the 10-8. Keith never showed any consistency, momentum or real success until those two rounds near the end and then the body shot happened.

The moment Pacquiao hurt Thurmans body you could visibly see any chance of Thurman winning go right out the window unless he got a Knockout. So yeah 8-4 for Pacquiao in my opinion

Back