How educated are you?

Diploma of Business Managment (dux)

Almost finished a Master of Business in Finance and Accounting

Just started a Diploma of Financial Planning

Passed High school lol, absolutely hated that so that is where my formal education stops. I liked going to high school just didn't like doing shit when I got there. I got A's and B's on tests and had terrible class participation and homework grades.

Finish this year and i got my B.A. in med school. Then another 4 years to get my master (becomes an assistant doctor) and after that about 6 years of specialization (those 6 years are payed, but not that much) to become a 'real' doctor.

FML...

I have met many idiots with "college degrees" and many educated people who didnt go to college so I have never related the word "educated" with how many hours a person was able to sit in a classroom in order to get a paper that says "you are educated".

By the way, Ive also met many educated people who did go to college and many idiots who didnt, so like I said my point is to me the word "educated" doesnt relate to going or not going through "college" education.

Undergrad degree in BS Applied Physics. Delayed my MS so that I can work (had it even before I graduated) too much that I feel no urge to take it up anymore.

B.A. in Life from the School of Hard Knocks

Also, currently working on my B.S. in engineering physics

I'm almost shocked that there are 3 Eng Physics/Applied Physics people here.

Shocked.

I got a B. S. in nursing and going back for my Doctor of Nursing Practice.

I'm almost shocked that there are 3 Eng Physics/Applied Physics people here.

Shocked.

I originally wanted to do just physics, but figured I would have an easier time getting a job with an engineering background as well. It was definitely the right choice, as aside from one freshmen level programming course, I take all the same physics classes I would have had to take for the physics degree.

^Same with me pretty much. The only real difference for me is that I need a few 300 level mechanics courses that are generally optional for physics majors, but most chose to take anyway to get some of their physics electives knocked out

I originally wanted to do just physics, but figured I would have an easier time getting a job with an engineering background as well. It was definitely the right choice, as aside from one freshmen level programming course, I take all the same physics classes I would have had to take for the physics degree.

I completely understand. The most useful people i've worked with in engineering and software development were physicists.

That doesn't change the fact that there are 3 of the motherfuckers here.

lol at you brainwashed sheep... you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a fuckin’ education you coulda' got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the Public Library.

edit: I have a BA English lit, BA international studies, B.Ed English, MA applied linguistics, PhD (ABD) applied linguistics.

So being educated and making good money equates to nerdness? Not that being a nerd is bad by the way.

I didn't say being educated and making good money makes you a nerd. I said that the thread is full of nerds.

Diploma in Operations Management
Been taking part time classes to get a certificate in editing for television

Back