How durable is Kevin Lee?

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Since most people want Justin Gaethje to fight him. He has been hurt against Iaquinta and Barboza(although it was a great head kick) and finished by Tony Ferguson and Leo Santos(who is underrated). Lee is 2 inches shorter but has 7 inches of reach on Justin Gaethje
I think Lee wins but Gaethje can also break him

His chin seems pretty average to me (possibly negatively impacted by his huge weight cut) but he can recover. Not many guys do the stanky leg as badly as he did vs. Barboza and come back from it. Part of it is his physical ability to bounce back but he's also smart. He doesn't go chasing to "get it back", he goes straight into wrestle mode to give himself the best chance of recovery.

Lee’s durable enough. He’d be a tough matchup for Justin. I think he’d get the takedowns easier than most people believe. I know Justin’s a D1 wrestler, but I think Lee’s at a much higher level of MMA grappling.

Lee chin is very questionable and most likely couldn't hold a title to long before he would be flash tko or ko.

The weirdest part is we haven't seen Gaethje's wrestling in either his WSOF or UFC fights, and he is actually a TREMENDOUS wrestler.

Would he be able to stifle Lees MMA wrestling?

I think he might. And he would be one of the very few who could at LW.

That fight is HIGHLY interesting to me.

His chin seems pretty average to me (possibly negatively impacted by his huge weight cut) but he can recover. Not many guys do the stanky leg as badly as he did vs. Barboza and come back from it. Part of it is his physical ability to bounce back but he's also smart. He doesn't go chasing to "get it back", he goes straight into wrestle mode to give himself the best chance of recovery.

I've met Lee in person when he was at the tail end of a camp. He is fucking huge. It was hard to believe he makes 155. He has to cut 25-35 lbs.

Last edited:
His chin is average but his conditioning isn't that great, if he's not in his fight where he's in a position where he can rest and wear on you he gasses out.

The weirdest part is we haven't seen Gaethje's wrestling in either his WSOF or UFC fights, and he is actually a TREMENDOUS wrestler.

Would he be able to stifle Lees MMA wrestling?

I think he might. And he would be one of the very few who could at LW.

That fight is HIGHLY interesting to me.
And Lee doesnt have 1 punch ko power like Justin. So that would have to be a technical as fuck match. At least for Lee. We both know at some point Justin will throw that shit out the window and start swangin and bangin.

He gets dropped and rocked a lot. It's not bad but his cut ensures that his recovery is crap. Justin would give him fits if he can stuff the TDs.

He gets dropped and rocked a lot. It's not bad but his cut ensures that his recovery is crap. Justin would give him fits if he can stuff the TDs.
I agree. I dont think Justin would put him away quick, but it takes a prolonged beating to get Justin out of there. He(Gaethje) doesnt really have to worry about the early game, just the late game. And I think he takes it. Kevin cant give as much damage to Gaethje as Gaethje can give to him, and he cant take as much damage as Justin can. At least from what I've seen.

Since most people want Justin Gaethje to fight him. He has been hurt against Iaquinta and Barboza(although it was a great head kick) and finished by Tony Ferguson and Leo Santos(who is underrated). Lee is 2 inches shorter but has 7 inches of reach on Justin Gaethje
I think Lee wins but Gaethje can also break him

His chin doesn't seem good at all, but when he stays composed he can hide it well enough. I think it'll mostly depend on how well Justin's TDD holds up.

Shit chin. Probably the most overrated fighter on the roster right now.

idk but hes 100% a shit dancer
VXlMbnb.gif

Back