How does Werdum do in avenging his losses?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MMAd Man, Aug 13, 2015.

1. MMAd Man

MMAd Man Orange Belt

Werdum has always been among the elite heavyweights, but in recent years his muay thai skills have propelled him to being the number 1 heavyweight in the world. How do we think he does in avenging his losses?

JDS - Junior has not been quite the same guy since the last Cain fight. Still always dangerous and a top guy but are we right to assume Werdum would be the favorite in the rematch?

Overeem - Technically they are 1-1. The second match was one of the weirdest I have ever seen, most of you will remember it. Werdum scooting around on his back trying to get Overeem into his guard. I think a third fight between them Werdum will be more inclined to use his stand up and if Overeem can take some shots it would be interesting. Werdum the favorite.

Sergei - Don't know why UFC not signed this guy, be a great addition to HW division. Werdum would be favorite but Sergei always dangerous.

Arlovski - I believe this is the match up that everybody wanted to be happening in December. Hopefully it can happen in 2016. I actually don't think I saw this live, so if anybody has a link to it please send. Werdum would be favorite but Arlovski lately has this amazing ability to come back and crazier things have happened.

2. shinbone28

shinbone28 White Belt

He Beats Overeem and Sergei.

He Loses to JDS and Arlovski.

3. shonuf

shonuf Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Loses to JDS.

Beats AA. The Reem and Sergei are pretty split imo. I think they beat each other depending on the night.

4. thoughtsone

thoughtsone Silver Belt

Could beat everyone I think, but JDS is the hardest fight for him. Sergei isnt as good as he was, and seems like his ground game has disappeared, which is disappointing. Reem also seems to be slowing down, I think Werdum COULD win the standup. AA is a toss up but favor Werdum. JDS is the hardest to call, JDS could wreck Werdum again, or he could look terrible.

5. shinbone28

shinbone28 White Belt

Really?

Sergei who is now off the radar, with no ground game to handle Werdum?

Reem who is now TRTless and is getting KOd left and right, even by Ben Rothwell? Lol

Werdum murders both

6. Montecristo

Montecristo Green Belt

My predictions are:

Beats Arloviski and Overeem, they both don

7. iwillnotsubmit

iwillnotsubmit White Belt

Why does everyone keep saying JDS hasn't been the same since his last fight with Cain?

First of all he only fought one time since then against Stipe. He won the fought although he looked bad in his hard fought win. It was because it was still the same fighter just using his boxing and TDD and no other mma skills. That's his downfall but really only Stipe and Cain have been able to find his weakness and only one of those two guys actually beat him.

8. Montecristo

Montecristo Green Belt

I think that in mma if you don

9. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

He's had ONE fight since then, in which he beat a top contender.

Hold them horses, guy.