how does this nutrion/eating plan sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DI99

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
i'm just starting to get back into the gym seriously again, i go 5 times a week, and i do muay thai 3 times a week. right now i'm 6'2, 160 lbs.
i'm looking to put on some muscle, but stay toned/ripped, i don't want to get too big and jacked yet, maybe just hit around 170-175. but the main thing is that i want to be ripped and add some muscle.

here's my daily eating plan for each day:

BREAKFAST: *all-bran cereal + slice of toast(with almond butter and jam) -or substitute toast with banana instead

OR
*2 boiled eggs + slice of toast(with almost butter and jam) -or substitute toast with banana instead

LUNCH: *tuna sandwich(or wrap) with fat free mayo, salsa, cheese, and green and red peppers (on multi-gtrain bread or pita wrap ) + steamed vegies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) -or substitute vegies with asparagus.

OR
*chicken breast (sometimes cut up and put on multi-grain wrap with fat free mayo, salsa, cheese, and green and red peppers) + steamed vegies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) -or substitute vegies with asparagus.

SUPPER: *either a steak, porkchop, chicken breast, or salmon with mushrooms and onions + a sweet potato -or substitute sweet potato with wholegrain brown rice instead.

OR
*wholewheat pasta mixed with ground beef, salsa, cheese, mushrooms, and onions

i drink water with all my meals, but i usually have 1 glass of skim milk per day with one of my meals.

i take 1-2 protein shakes a day - 1 before my workout (unless i have a meal with protein within an hour or so before). and 1 right after my workout. on muay thai days, i also take one after muay thai. so usually 1-2 per day, sometimes 3, but not often.

im pretty new to the whole dieting/nutrition stuff, i've always been active with sports and been on and off with going to the gym/doing mma, but i plan on keeping a strict and healthy nutrition plan and reaching the goals i listed above.

how does this sound? any help/suggestions is appriciated!!! thanks!

*edit : as for snacks, if im gonna have one during the day or sometime after supper, i usually snack on a bit of fruit such as watermelon, pineapple, or berries/yogurt

Last edited:
Do you know how many calories that is? Do you know how many calories your maintenance is? Why don't you figure those two things out and get back to us. You can search "calorie counter" on google and find a place to figure out your maintenance.

Do you know how many calories that is? Do you know how many calories your maintenance is? Why don't you figure those two things out and get back to us. You can search "calorie counter" on google and find a place to figure out your maintenance.

no, i dont count calories, the food i buy is low in calories and fat though, so im guessing with those 3 meals + the protein shakes and maybe some fruit to snake on here and there, its probably around 2000-2500 per day, just a guess. im just wondering if im on the right track as for the foods im eating (right amount of protein, carbs, vegies, etc) because like i said, i dont want to get too big right yet or gain a whole lot of weight, just more so ripped/toned, and add a bit of muscle

If you can't be bothered to put in the effort to figure out what your caloric needs/intake are, why would you expect or trust a bunch of strangers on the internet to do it for you? If you can't do a little reading (such as the FAQ mentioned by XTrainer earlier) and figure out whether or NOT you're making intelligent food choices, why the fuck should we spoon-feed you? Oh, wait, I just realized what you're looking for...here ya go:

That looks great, knock yourself out.

lol. 6'2 @ 160lbs... I'm 6'2 @ 190lbs. And I am a stick figure...

Trust me. You can safely eat a lot more.

5 days a week weight training? What does your routine look like? I am betting its not very good. I am betting if you read the FAQs all your questions would be answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back