How does the sidewinder pro Xtreme and grip twister compare to conventional training?

PapiFlaco

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
im looking to incorporate all around, thorough grip training. I figure that the sidewinder and twister are probable and effective in reaching a wrist roller, wrist curls/extensions & leverage training. So if you have experience with these items please share.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here are the items: http://www.sportgrips.com/shop-online/

Also, I'm looking for a portable adjustable gripper. I've been looking at the GD-80 or 90 iron grip gripper. I was also looking at the Robert Baraban adjustable gripper, the Vuclan gripper and the iron woody adjust. Gripper but the GD looks most portable.

Any one knows good grip training sites that sell legit grippers? Also, do you have any suggestion?

Basically, my plan is to use an adjustable gripper, fat gripz, rubber bands, sidewinder pro Xtreme, sidewinder grip twister and maybe a theraband flexbar

Last edited:
Grippers are shit for grip strength overall. They're good at getting better at grippers. That's fine if that's your goal, but as far as one Gripper to rule them all any ivanko super Gripper variation is all you really need unless you want to certify as a captain of crush or something in which case you WILL need some torsion spring grippers to practice with.

Back to my original point, grippers are shit at building grip strength, largely because they neglect the wrist and the thumb. But here we are again with your desire to spend money. Want to save about 300 bucks on your shopping list? Buy a 18" piece of 1.5" id pvc, and a couple hose clamps, and some 2" washers and make a bar for levering work. You can use it as a clubbell or do some basic levering exercises with it. And it'll take up less room than your 300lb dumbells.

For my time and money levering work and 3"+ fatbar/pinch grip work is vastly more important than Gripper training.

It sounds like you're trying to do everything at once. You may want to focus on proficiency in one thing before spending a bunch of money on a lot of different toys to fill the gaps you don't know you have yet.

Looks VERY risky... I rather get an product that was intended to do such training. Plus, I need compact and portable equipment which is why I'm asking how well does the sidewinder Xtreme and the grip twister perform.
Ok you should probably get both then. Maybe two of each.

Looks VERY risky... I rather get an product that was intended to do such training. Plus, I need compact and portable equipment which is why I'm asking how well does the sidewinder Xtreme and the grip twister perform.

Just listen to Urban. He knows what's he's talking about.

Why would someone get two of each?
they have an uncontrollable urge to spend money on things they think they need to achieve ambiguous goals that can easily and more cheaply be done through other means?
And do you have experience with them?
Nope

yeah don't ask questions papi. you wanted answers, you got em.

here's another cheap diy club bell that you won't want to make and instead will ask why the hell anyone would do that and do i have any experience with the shit in your op

here's another cheap diy club bell that you won't want to make and instead will ask why the hell anyone would do that and do i have any experience with the shit in your op

Not safe... And not portable...

Do you have experience with the products I'm asking about? If so, how was it?

Grippers are shit for grip strength overall. They're good at getting better at grippers. That's fine if that's your goal, but as far as one Gripper to rule them all any ivanko super Gripper variation is all you really need unless you want to certify as a captain of crush or something in which case you WILL need some torsion spring grippers to practice with.

Back to my original point, grippers are shit at building grip strength, largely because they neglect the wrist and the thumb. But here we are again with your desire to spend money. Want to save about 300 bucks on your shopping list? Buy a 18" piece of 1.5" id pvc, and a couple hose clamps, and some 2" washers and make a bar for levering work. You can use it as a clubbell or do some basic levering exercises with it. And it'll take up less room than your 300lb dumbells.

For my time and money levering work and 3"+ fatbar/pinch grip work is vastly more important than Gripper training.

It sounds like you're trying to do everything at once. You may want to focus on proficiency in one thing before spending a bunch of money on a lot of different toys to fill the gaps you don't know you have yet.

This post brings me back to the good old days of S+P. Thanks for writing this.

im looking to incorporate all around, thorough grip training. I figure that the sidewinder and twister are probable and effective in reaching a wrist roller, wrist curls/extensions & leverage training.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here are the items: http://www.sportgrips.com/shop-online/

Also, I'm looking for a portable adjustable gripper. I've been looking at the GD-80 or 90 iron grip gripper. I was also looking at the Robert Baraban adjustable gripper, the Vuclan gripper and the iron woody adjust. Gripper but the GD looks most portable.

Any one knows good grip training sites that sell legit grippers? Also, do you have any suggestion?

Basically, my plan is to use an adjustable gripper, fat gripz, rubber bands, sidewinder pro Xtreme, sidewinder grip twister and maybe a theraband flexbar
Glad you're back Papi, I was starting to get worried.

Im not a fan of this design. It will work, but it's not as adjustable, and the joints are prone to breaking around the male threads. I used to make a lot of homemade toys like this, but ultimatey though they require no tools, they aren't very rugged or adjustable. You'd be better off with a 1.5" pipe a bolt and nut and a hose clamp or two.

I love it when people ask questions with a specific answer in mind, then they get weird when knowledgeable people give them a different answer than what they wanted to hear.

Back