How does testing positive for cocaine affect Jon Jones legacy???

It enhances it. I mean, fuck man, its like 10 times more awesome than before. He's not just a fighter now, man, he's like, like, like, a frigging rock star and shit. Hookers and blow, man, that's the fucking life. So glam.

I guess it depends on which legacy we are talking about and whether or not he used it for performance enhancement or not. Clearly this damages him as some kind of role model or sainthood. I doubt it was for performance enhancement so I would say it says nothing about his fighting/athletic legacy.

Actually it does change a lot of things. He is a high profile athlete that used coke. That is no GOAT.

So? MJ was an alcoholic who gambled and probably had his fair share of drugs and hookers but that doesn't mean he isn't the greatest basketball player of all time.

Nick and Jon are 2 complete opposites though. Jon wanted to be the role model where as Nick doesn't give a shit what you think about him. So when both guys do similar things, only one will catch shit for it. While this is surprising news, this doesn't change my view on Jon. He's still the best fighter in MMA today and he's still on the road to becoming the GOAT. He's just going through a few check points along the way.

Gotta say, I am surprised you said that Jones is the best fighter in MMA today.

Thought you would try to claim it's Aldo.

Hespect.

Simple... read the title and discuss Sherbros.

Wandys nearly two decade long career is discredited by most and persecuted by Dana for avoiding a drug test.

Bones with a previous DUI and now testing positive for blow... dont see how he gets a pat on the back from Dana and co. Double standard or is it because he is still in his prime and one of the UFC's cash cows?

Sound off.

Jones is only human, made a few mistakes that anyone is capable of making. It doesn't effect his legacy UNLESS the drugs enhanced his performance which nobody is sure if it did.

B6s_8bfIQAAeIL0.jpg:small

Simple... read the title and discuss Sherbros.

Wandys nearly two decade long career is discredited by most and persecuted by Dana for avoiding a drug test.

Bones with a previous DUI and now testing positive for blow... dont see how he gets a pat on the back from Dana and co. Double standard or is it because he is still in his prime and one of the UFC's cash cows?

Sound off.

Chael should be reinstated and the NSCA really need to punish Jones.
Cocaine is a huge PED in more ways than most on here care to admit . You turn almost super human on it . In the fight game unfazed by hits , more strength and cardio etc. Jones needs to be made an example of so that the ufc gets the message across that no matter how high you are in the company this behaviour is unacceptable.

10 years from now when new fans wikipedia his record and see the * for the failed test they'll just go "huh, interesting."

No

They will read failed a test for Cocaine and say interesting and possibly smoke a line.

Jones possibly fighting on cocaine is something out of a comic book if he actually was on something when he beat Cormier. The test was weeks out as I have learned but that is something you dont see outside of guys like Crazy horse.

It will add to jones being one crazy guy with a hell of a story to tell when it is done. I am hoping he does not do something so crazy that he ends up permanently harming himself. Cocaine and drug usage takes years off your life and hopefully jones partakes only once.

Last edited:
So? MJ was an alcoholic who gambled and probably had his fair share of drugs and hookers but that doesn't mean he isn't the greatest basketball player of all time.

Pretty much this.

Surely it's not some secret that multimillionaire celebrities are busted on this stuff all the f'ing time.

Pro athletes seem to be chronically checking into rehab.

It's disappointing, to be sure, but it's hardly a shocker to have a dominant champion busted for drugs.

Take a look at some of the crap Tyson, Mayweather, etc. have been busted for.

Aldo was #1 to me until Jones defeated DC. Jon also defeated DC at his own game (wrestling, not Cocaine)

But could only beat DC on cocaine.
Not really a win its similar to Tim Kennedy getting beaten by the stool. Jones should be stripped and then The win overturned.

No

They will read failed a test for Cocaine and say intresting. Him fighting on cocaine is something out of a comic book if he actually was able to beat Cormier on cocaine.

Theres not alot of people you cant beat while on coke, breh.:icon_lol:

But could only beat DC on cocaine.
Not really a win its similar to Tim Kennedy getting beaten by the stool. Jones should be stripped and then The win overturned.

His post fight drug test hasn't returned yet.

He failed for cocaine a month ago.

Though, I do understand when looking for reasons to dislike Jones, reading comprehension is not a requirement.

Breh, theres not alot of people you cant beat while on coke mayne.:icon_lol:

That's meth that you're thinking of.

:icon_lol:

Are you aware of the fact that Nick Diaz got one of his several DUIs just a couple of months ago?

Yeah, not many people are. Because people don't care so much if it isn't Jones. And I think drunk driving is despicable.

As long as he isn't trying to cheat the competition, I don't give a fuck. People can hate him for it, but it doesn't hurt his fighting legacy one bit.

The thing that is funny about that, is there was all of one thread on Sherdog about it.

And most people's reactions were just "meh, it's Diaz, why is anyone surprised?" and other shit like that.

If it were Jones, there would be nothing short of 100 threads and people going on about how he is a terrible human being.

The thing that is funny about that, is there was all of one thread on Sherdog about it.

And most people's reactions were just "meh, it's Diaz, why is anyone surprised?" and other shit like that.

If it were Jones, there would be nothing short of 100 threads and people going on about how he is a terrible human being.

Fallon, you know had Liddell done this, it would be another day in the park. I am sure there plenty of fighters high on cocaine in the UFC.

This is one of those things for jones haters to pulpit since they need something to be angry about. Jones beat Cormier so they have no fodder and this is their Coup De grace and fodder but it really is a non story outside of jones health.

Last edited:
Back