How does testing positive for cocaine affect Jon Jones legacy???

BRASIL WAND

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Simple... read the title and discuss Sherbros.

Wandys nearly two decade long career is discredited by most and persecuted by Dana for avoiding a drug test.

Bones with a previous DUI and now testing positive for blow... dont see how he gets a pat on the back from Dana and co. Double standard or is it because he is still in his prime and one of the UFC's cash cows?

Sound off.

no effect on his fighting legacy. though im sure this will draw more ire from some, and might cost him sponsor money. my question is, if the substance he tested for isnt against competition rules, why are these results made public?

I LINED up the pros and cons of the situation and came to the conclusion........fuck it I'm high.

I thought the DUI and coke don't count if you're from New York...

It might just "blow" over...

whoa, dude that's snif.... I mean crossing the line! Addiction is a serious disease and we need to help him coke... I mean cope with it.

Nick Diaz has multiple DUIs and no one cares, the DUI thing is just overblown because it's Jones (not saying it's right)

Testing positive for cocaine doesn't affect Jones' legacy in the slightest.

Who gives a fuck what he does outside the cage that literally affects no one other than himself?

Inside the ring none. Outside just adds to the fuel of people who hate his persona.

10 years from now when new fans wikipedia his record and see the * for the failed test they'll just go "huh, interesting."

Da Snow King! Mr Plow! Haters will hang on to this, what he does in the cage will resonate more when GOAT conversations come up.

Wand's legacy isn't tarnished IMO I'm one of very few who believes avoiding a test didn't hurt his legacy.

This shouldn't hurt Jon's legacy either but I think fans will wrongly remember or constantly bring up his downfalls more than his achievements. He got a DUI and failed a test for coke, it's not like he's using roids to cheat in combat, which in the end, is all that matters.

Honestly, it will likely destroy it.

Idk but I wouldn't mind sharing a line with Jon

Definitely fuel for his haters, they will hang on this forever as if their lives depend on it.

It doesn't affect his accomplishments inside the octagon. However, if a fighter is suspended for weed, it's logical the same should happen to someone testing positive for cocaine.

Back