How does one not lose respect for Wanderlei?

KoreanZawmbie

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
All that shit talking, what about those videos he's uploaded threatening to destroy Sonnen. Confronting him twice already like they were on the streets.

Chael called Wandy pulling out of their fight months ago.

I mean as a legend, you hate to shit on the guy, but it's the same type of bullshit Big Nog's been doing with the excuses and his respect on these boards had gone down tremendously, except Big Nog rarely and blatantly pulled out of a fight.

He should lose respect from every reasonable MMA fan.

The most ironic part is Wanderlei was bitching at Vitor for pulling out of their TUF fight.

he just throw away all respect i had for him

The great moments overweigh the embarrassing ones, I guess.

Never been a fighter, so im not gonna judge his actions tbh. Don't know the personally and don't know the whole story, no reason to lose respect when I really have no room to judge him at all.

You're still going to watch him fight, so your respect doesn't really mean anything

All that shit talking, what about those videos he's uploaded threatening to destroy Sonnen. Confronting him twice already like they were on the streets.

Chael called Wandy pulling out of their fight months ago.

I mean as a legend, you hate to shit on the guy, but it's the same type of bullshit Big Nog's been doing with the excuses and his respect on these boards had gone down tremendously, except Big Nog rarely and blatantly pulled out of a fight.

I lost all the respect for this guy. Dana should just release him. Let him go to Bellator. Four times Wand turned down the fight with Chael. At UFC 167- Wand last year, before Sonnen vs. Rashad was made- Wand turned it down when Dana wanted the fight to be Co-main event to Hendricks vs. GSP. Dana hinted at that. The fight was supposed to happen last week- but Wand said his back was hurt. Fight was postponed to July- Now Wand did not submit an application- so July 5 Vitor will step in. The fight was supposed to happen in 2011- but Wand declined at that time when Chael called him out, and said he needed time off.

Last edited:
Watch him? Sure. I watch all the fights. Root for him? Nah!

People over value the term "respect" around here.

It doesn't mean anything. It's just another angle for "fans" to use to bash fighters.

Sad, I was looking forward to that fight , I think Wandy could have mayyyyybe pulled it off.

I'm an mma fan because of Wanderlei but I've been losing respect for him since the whole Chael "feud" began. Like that time he was "mad" at Chael for some reason... these stupid videos was the beginning of losing respect for the man not the fighter.

[YT]V0tg0eSdFcE[/YT]

Wandy should just retire. I have no respect for Wandy or Chael.

I'd rather watch Wand fighter a brawler not a wrassler.

I stuck with Wandy after the Leben debacle. I won't pretend to know the whole story here because of what Shael says.

There was a saying in brazil according to wandy, talk shit, lose your teeth.
The new version should be talk mad shit for years, don't follow through, lose all respect.

Back