How does Nelson beat Cormier?

....Umm everything.

Cormier is fairly fast but aside from his fight with Silva who is very slow he has not been the most impressive on the feet.

Will say that Cormier has a great jab hook combo though...

Nelson has a better jab than Cormier? Nelson has better head movement, distance management and footwork than Cormier? More punch variety and versatility to apply his skills in different ways? Alright, man.

big back of the ear overhand rights. even if Roy mounted him, I see Daniel bucking him off easy.

just lay on him, but doubt will work or very very lucky KO

Nelson has a better jab than Cormier? Nelson has better head movement, distance management and footwork than Cormier? More punch variety and versatility to apply his skills in different ways? Alright, man.

actually he does....., roy is actually really good when he is not gassed at avoiding punches. And obviously very good at distance management because he lands bombs...when people are fresh.

But you know better than i as you have a boxer as your AV...shit you must know everything about boxing then....

I hope they show their waist size on the Tale of The Tape, in addition to height, reach, and weight.
With other factors being equal, waist size could be the deciding factor.

I see DC getting the TD and maintaining dominant top control for 3 rounds.
Roy's cardio isn't as bad as you guys are making it out to be and DC's isn't necessarily impressive, either.
Sure the overhand right is a riddle few can solve (sarcasm) but Roy's is very good and DC isn't Pernell Whitaker.
Roy's biggest weakness is that is all he has. I really hope he derails DC, but I dont' expect him to.

Cormier has faster hands, a better clinch game, better takedowns, better cardio and while not as much power, he does pack some. Nelson has the ability to KO Daniel, but I don't see Daniel standing there and trading with him and allowing Roy to wing overhand shots at his dome.

Cormier will tie him up, push him into the cage, rough him up a bit, tire him out and then pick him apart on his way to a UD.

better cardio really? Not that Roy Nelson isn't terribly out of shape cardio wise, but I've never heard anybody talk about DC's cardio like it was a good thing before. Also holding Roy in a positional battle isn't the same as making Roy chase you around for 15 minutes like Miocic did. I mean even Frank Mir came out strong in the 3rd against DC.

overhand right ko. hope it connects, DC is dropping to LHW anyway

better cardio really? Not that Roy Nelson isn't terribly out of shape cardio wise, but I've never heard anybody talk about DC's cardio like it was a good thing before. Also holding Roy in a positional battle isn't the same as making Roy chase you around for 15 minutes like Miocic did. I mean even Frank Mir came out strong in the 3rd against DC.

Cormier slowed down in that five round Barnett fight and somewhat against Mir, but look at Roy against Mir or Miocic. You're seriously going to fucking contest the cardio aspect of this?

Frank did nothing against DC, by the way.

If I was betting on this fight the only bet I'd think of making is Cormier UD.

A Cormier to win bet is pointless as the odds will be well in his favour. At least betting UD will make the odds a bit better for you.

This is probably obvious to everyone but still.

actually he does....., roy is actually really good when he is not gassed at avoiding punches. And obviously very good at distance management because he lands bombs...when people are fresh.

But you know better than i as you have a boxer as your AV...shit you must know everything about boxing then....

So what are the excuses against Miocic, JDS and Werdum where he was getting shelled in the first round before gassing? Against Mitrione of all people he took a fair amount before getting the KO. He has good timing with his right hand and huge power. It just so happens that his prime weapon is likely the easiest punch to take away from a fighter (he has landed it on tall, slow fighters that square themselves up). To reiterate, you seriously think that Nelson has a better jab than Cormier? You think he is harder to hit? More versatile? I find that ridiculous. On a fundamental level, Cormier is undoubtedly superior. Add in his clear athletic advantages and I don't think it is all that close of a comparison.

I see DC getting the TD and maintaining dominant top control for 3 rounds.
Roy's cardio isn't as bad as you guys are making it out to be and DC's isn't necessarily impressive, either.
Sure the overhand right is a riddle few can solve (sarcasm) but Roy's is very good and DC isn't Pernell Whitaker.
Roy's biggest weakness is that is all he has. I really hope he derails DC, but I dont' expect him to.

I think this is pretty spot on.

He doesn't. Don't underestimate Cormier's chin. One punch isn't going to do it. Chin good, hands... brittle.

Cormier slowed down in that five round Barnett fight and somewhat against Mir, but look at Roy against Mir or Miocic. You're seriously going to fucking contest the cardio aspect of this?

Frank did nothing against DC, by the way.

Contest it no, but you brought cardio into it and I couldn't figure out if you were just stating the obvious to make your point or were legit trying to praise DC's cardio.

So what are the excuses against Miocic, JDS and Werdum where he was getting shelled in the first round before gassing? Against Mitrione of all people he took a fair amount before getting the KO. He has good timing with his right hand and huge power. It just so happens that his prime weapon is likely the easiest punch to take away from a fighter (he has landed it on tall, slow fighters that square themselves up). To reiterate, you seriously think that Nelson has a better jab than Cormier? You think he is harder to hit? More versatile? I find that ridiculous. On a fundamental level, Cormier is undoubtedly superior. Add in his clear athletic advantages and I don't think it is all that close of a comparison.

I don't remember the last time I saw Roy throw a jab that wasn't clearly him fishing for that overhand let alone land a jab.

Back