How does my pad work look?

Oh yeah, and about what BaconCrunch said about my "timing and rhythm." This is something that my other training partner and my sifu have beeen telling me a LOT lately. In fact, it's something that just about everyone I've ever worked with in martial arts has told me. It actually took me about 6 1/2 years to finally understand what they meant when they said "I had no rhythm." What they meant was that my tiiming was off, that I either threw strikes too early or too late.

But now that I've understood the words for the last year, I still can apply it in sparring. Everyone STILL says my timing is off. And I don't get it...I still land strikes and block other people's strikes.

And what I REALLY don't understand is how BaconCrunch can see it while I'm hitting pads. Pads do not require timing other than how fast I can throw the combo that my pad holder calls out, and how well he can time the meeting of the pad. Am I wrong here? I must be, since BaconCrunch and all my other workout partners and trainers have told me different.

I don't think you're too bad. The kicks could use a bit more hip putting into them. And the general punch-kick combinations aren't that fluid. You throw pure punch combinations well but that doesn't extend to your kicking with punching. It could be in part due to the way your pad man is calling the combos.
Again as mentioned you're not really guarding with your hand opposite kicking leg. Your teeps are your weakest technique and need much more hip thrust and the hands are not in position at all when you throw them.
Generally you carry your right hand low nearly all the time.

nice power, i'm no expert but you seem to keep your head straight up in the air when you throw techniques. Just minor things keep your chin tucked. You're doing well!

Try and loosen up a bit if possible. You look tense and theres also a lot of wasted movement. Good hand speed and what looks like good power.

Back