How does Mousasi sweep everyone?

I recall Nick Diaz criticizing his ground game recently. He said that he didn’t know what he was doing or something in those lines.
I believe you, Nick can say crazy amounts of shit at times...

When? When what? When was his first fight in the sport?? 15 years ago, 2013.

Just guessing english isn't his first language. He probably meant to say that even when he was new to the sport he was already pretty crafty with his sweeps.

The Moose is super crafty.
14jw207_jpg.gif
My favorite is still the up-kick on Jacare.

When? When what? When was his first fight in the sport?? 15 years ago, 2013.

I may've just woken up a couple hours but I am pretty sure I didn't sleep for 10 years.

I bet his house has clean corners

I may've just woken up a couple hours but I am pretty sure I didn't sleep for 10 years.
Lol....Thanks for pointing out my typo. I'll be sure to fix it.

His guard vs weidman was so sick. If I remember right he would immediately attack weidmans leg and slip out the door and stand up every time. He's so good off his back and if up kicks we're allowed he'd be a wrestlers worst nightmare

~DaViD~

It's mostly because he's a fucking boss

He's a life-long grappler and has a deep Judo background, that's basically it. Judokas develop strong and mobile hips and an extremely good base and that obviously translates well into sweeping or ground fighting in general.

He's also got a very high fighting and grappling IQ, often utilizing the element of surprise. He also has an absolutely massive pool of techniques on the mat, so he can threaten his opponents with so many things that often it gets hard for them to tell which one they should be looking out for.
This

He fought consistently his entire career against whoever they put in-front of him

I recall Nick Diaz criticizing his ground game recently. He said that he didn’t know what he was doing or something in those lines.
I love nick. An all time favorite. But lately he almost seems to be showing signs of CTE he is beyond delusional and would get pieced up by moose on the feet and would have his Jits negated on the ground.

I love nick. An all time favorite. But lately he almost seems to be showing signs of CTE he is beyond delusional and would get pieced up by moose on the feet and would have his Jits negated on the ground.

Probably the old BJJ vs Judo/Sambo debate..

Probably the old BJJ vs Judo/Sambo debate.
Ya the real advantage is Moose has does them all. Diaz could have his card on one but then he has so many other things diaz does not have. Swiss Army knife fighter

Ya the real advantage is Moose has does them all. Diaz could have his card on one but then he has so many other things diaz does not have. Swiss Army knife fighter

Moose is also someone who takes risks in terms of improving position that probably wouldn't work as well in gym grappling vs a top BJJ player but generally do in MMA.

I mean the loss to Jacare probably showed what Nick was talking about but elsewhere the risks are generally worth it as the grappling skill levels and extra confusion in MMA mean risks are worth taking.

He will often try to elevate his opponent's hips using one hooked leg, so to create space (ie: a very forceful butterfly guard). From there he will attempt a scramble; either grab a leg-lock threat so to force his opponent to move, pull his opponent over himself, or just haul his opponent off him if he can do so. The downside of this is that it takes a lot of energy and is risky vs classical high level BJJ guys (or just not being an option if his opponent doesn't play guard)

In this instance, notice how active Gegard's legs are on Weidman's hips and legs, destabilizing the top-man and allowing him to semi-pull Chris over him so to cause a scramble.

Here's a even more successful example, with Chris flowing over Gegard's body so to disengage the grappling. Notice how Gegard is fishing for Chris's legs while Chris disengages, adding another threat that means Chris can't just stay there.

This isn't something Gegard picked up in Judo. This are skills he learnt during his MMA career.

Last edited:
Nick Diaz is stupid as fuck. And his ground game is overrated too.

Him and Douglas Lima are alike in this sense except Moose is better once on top. Those 2 are probably the best sweepers in high level MMA who arent particularly known for their Jiu Jitsu. Douglas was consistently sweeping Askren in their fight but could never do anything with it.

Moose is also someone who takes risks in terms of improving position that probably wouldn't work as well in gym grappling vs a top BJJ player but generally do in MMA.

I mean the loss to Jacare probably showed what Nick was talking about but elsewhere the risks are generally worth it as the grappling skill levels and extra confusion in MMA mean risks are worth taking.

As if Nick would have done any better against Jacare lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back