How does Max Kattar pan out then

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Maybe i have missed them but not seeing too many threads on some of the actual fights on this card on Saturday.

This obviously has potential to be foty candidate, and it’s the first main event of 2021

Kattar hits hard and his boxing is equally as good if not better than Max’s boxing, but Max has more weapons in other areas, like his submission threat which we rarely see. He also throws a nasty kick sometimes. Dropped Volk with a head kick early in the rematch.

very close fight and hard to call, going to say Max decision but it wouldn’t really surprise me if Kattar hit Holloway with a nasty combo late and got him out of there... infact it would surprise me but it definitely could happen, chins can go at any point

There are at least 5 threads on this. How about your read them?

It goes down the wire. Both guys will keep it standing. Kattar lands the cleaner, harder shots. Max lands way more strikes and combos. I've no idea who wins, but rooting for Max. I won't mind seeing Kattar takes it. It's gonna be a barn burner.

Max gets KOd unless he fights technical and uses leg kicks like Moicano and Zabit did to beat Kattar

Max gets KOd unless he fights technical and uses leg kicks like Moicano and Zabit did to beat Kattar
If he fights the way he fought Volk in the rematch he wins a decision. Excellent distance management and using many strikes

Initially I thought Max would edge it on the basis of his output increasing as it goes on, he also has in his favour being an experienced main eventer, who has had to deal with a lot of pressure in his career.

Thing is though Kattar's boxing fundamentals are so good and cardio doesn't seem to be an issue for him, he's not been threatened with much in the Wrestling BJJ department despite having fought(and lost to) Moicano and Zabit, known submission experts, so I don't really see much threat here, but you never know.

The power of Kattar will be a lot to handle, Max will really have to mix it up.

I'm now edging Kattar to win, but I won't be happy for either to lose. Draw would be my preferred result :)

max probably has not lost a step as he was robbed of his last one with Volk. Kattar is a tough dude that isnt going to wilt when max walks thru everything he throws. I think this is a closer fight than many think. I think Kattar is going to get it done somehow.

Back