How does Khabib not have a title shot yet?

jjdowns

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I just saw Khabib for the first time and was really impressed. Then I look him up and see that he's 23-0. How the FUCK has this guy not had a title shot yet? He's a great fighter, exciting to watch and has a goofy personality with that wig. What is up? Why no title shot?

There have a been about 40 threads relating to the quality of Khabib's opponents. Beats RDA impressively, should have lost to Tibau? And then a bunch of Spartakiad guys or whatever you want to call them. His time is coming very soon. No mystery here.

Not American, and therefore not a draw, and therefore will be skipped over as many times as possible.

I just saw Khabib for the first time and was really impressed. Then I look him up and see that he's 23-0. How the FUCK has this guy not had a title shot yet? He's a great fighter, exciting to watch and has a goofy personality with that wig. What is up? Why no title shot?
lots of injuries
and lots of guys sceert to fight him too

He still fights? he'll get a title shot if he fights and keeps winning. I'm sure if he comes back to mma he'll get a title shot soon.

He must have been disappointed with the RDA loss.

There is the fact that the only guy he's beaten is RDA. Then there's the fact that he beat him 3 years ago and only beat a can since. The answer to your question is simple. He was injured for three years. Even then though he probably should have had one more fighter in the top five before he got his title shot. Just because his legend has grown while he's been injured doesn't mean he deserves a title shot. Guy needs to beat a top 5 guy before the shot.

He comes down with an injury almost every time he steps outside.

Because he was off for a year and know body gives 2 shits about a win against Darrell Horcher.

1 fight in twenty years seems like a good reason.

my guess is that it has something to do with him perpetually out due to different shades of being injured. the kid's as fragile as an egg.

Lots of great reasons. I think that a couple good reasons the powers that be havent given him the shot are 1. he does not fight very often and 2. his style is not as much the style the majority of the fans want to see.

Because LW is a shark tank. Eddie was a champ from another org that beat Pettis and Melendez back to back which was more impressive that sitting on the sidelines. Now I think he has the 2nd best claim to a title shot behind Ferguson but it seems like Khabib's going to get it. I'd be fine with either. Hell I'd be fine with Cerrone getting it if he can get past Story.

Injuries and Ramadan.

Ramadan literally takes 1/3 of the year. If he gets through that, he has to eat to gain weight, then hope he escaped injury bugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back