How does it feel to know Alverez is getting a better contract than Bendo

bendo needs to sell some ppv and have some finishes and he will get paid more or get a better manager

I'm sure lockeroom bonuses dwarf everyone's contract money. That's just grains of sand on the beach.

Contracts are all about signing at the right times. Alverez made himself valuable by being one of UFC's competitors biggest names. It makes sense he makes more.

You have to also factor in that Bendo is probably still on his past contract before he became champ. His next one will be better but probably not to lavish. So far he hasn't proven he can pull large ppv numbers.

Lets say they pay every fighter on the roster 30k per fight and only have 300 fighters:

$30,000 (pay per fight) x 3 (fights per year) x 300 (fighters) = $27,000,000 x 1.062 (payroll tax) = $28,674,000

This does not include the pay for everyone else that works for the UFC, the rental fees for the venues, health insurance for their fighters, liability insurance that the UFC must cover, and travel expenses per fighter. I bet that shit is real cheap for them.

UFC is estimated to have annuall revenue of 350 to 450 mil (all in, ppv, tv contracts, live gates, merchandise, sponsorships, etc). So whats 28.6 mil to 450 mil? Lets just include other costs, etc. say now becomes 50 mil/yr. Thats still a small fraction of revenue. yeah, thast right, thats why DW and Zuffa making mad cash for the past several years. PPV pay out from boxing to MMA is another reason MMA fighters gets shafted.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/page/UFCpay/ufc-fighters-say-low-pay-most-painful-hit-all

It kind of feels like...

Benson+Henderson

Lets say they pay every fighter on the roster 30k per fight and only have 300 fighters:

$30,000 (pay per fight) x 3 (fights per year) x 300 (fighters) = $27,000,000 x 1.062 (payroll tax) = $28,674,000

This does not include the pay for everyone else that works for the UFC, the rental fees for the venues, health insurance for their fighters, liability insurance that the UFC must cover, and travel expenses per fighter. I bet that shit is real cheap for them.

My Girlfriend's brother is dating one of the marketing sponsorship execs for the UFC, She was given a 10k Christmas bonus this year. Given that... I'm sure the champions get paid handsome bonuses.

Back