How does it feel to know Alverez is getting a better contract than Bendo

Its so ridiculous UFC (a billion dollar enterprise which makes in tens of millions in reveneu per yr) is cheaping out fighters like this...39k for a champion of the "big show"..no wonder a recent thread when asked if as a parent would encourage/allow kid to pursuit career in MMA, most posts said now way, paid too low and job too dangerous.

But when people talking about UFC pay...zuffa zombies always out full force defending how good UFC and the pay is fair/good, etc. . But when a thread asking about people's kids career path of MMA, almost everyone said "no",...gotta love sherdog...

Lets say they pay every fighter on the roster 30k per fight and only have 300 fighters:

$30,000 (pay per fight) x 3 (fights per year) x 300 (fighters) = $27,000,000 x 1.062 (payroll tax) = $28,674,000

This does not include the pay for everyone else that works for the UFC, the rental fees for the venues, health insurance for their fighters, liability insurance that the UFC must cover, and travel expenses per fighter. I bet that shit is real cheap for them.

It pays to make a name for yourself, such as Eddie in DREAM and Bellator, before coming to the UFC. In this instance guess it's not always good to go under the Zuffa banner before you're a star.

To emphasize this point, I just found this:

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/12/20/2650841/strikeforce-payouts-salaries-gilbert-melendez-gegard-Mousasi-mma

"El Nino" was adamant after the fight that he could compete against the cream of the crop in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) 155-pound division; however, he might want to reconsider based on his payday, which was $48,000 more than the base salary that Frankie Edgar took home for his performance at UFC 125 earlier this year. *It was $150,000*

So what do you think Gils UFC contract is gonna look like?

The sad thing is when you'd rather watch a fight with Eddie over the LW champ. Do something about it "Bendecision", 5 out of 5 decisions in the UFC to date.

I'm sure they get the young and up and comers to sign shitty 6-8 fight contracts until they "prove" themselves although Bendo did that already in WEC. Maybe his WEC contract carried over but I doubt those were that long.

Yup.

That's (part of) what the NHL just locked out over - the right to limit contracts until players prove themselves. It's a bigger chunk of both the recent NBA and NFL lockout issues.

Remember when 1st round NFL draft picks were getting paid more than Peyton Manning? (Jamarcus Russell, Sam Bradford)

I don't think you guys realize the difference the UFC will pay when they're actively trying to pull away the top star of another company from his contract. Bendo came into the UFC off a loss and had nowhere else to go as the UFC had bought out his company.

[QUOTE="Rush";78167005]Henderson signed a new multi fight deal in Sept 2011 FYI[/QUOTE]

If thats true that means he signed before the Guida fight which means he wasnt champ at that point.

so he was getting 39/39 and wasnt the champ.

He has to be getting some sort of backroom bonuses since he is the champ but its not like he was given this new contract as champ.

I mean go look at what JDS was making before and now he made 400k and probably got PPV money for the Cain fight.

When your contract comes up he will get a much bigger deal.

No one cares about Henderson, really.

Guy does nothing special and beats his opponents on strength and athleticism.

Alvarez is in that lucky position not being part of Zuffa. If they low balled, all it does is give Bellator an easier chance to match. Alvarez paid his dues being stuck in the lesser organization and developed himself as a commodity, only because he was outside of the spectrum. Right place at right time kind of thing.

As long as Bendo is Champ he will make more money than Alavarez. Even if Eddie signs for 200K, Bnedo'sPPV bonus will dwarf that.

lol, bendo makes 39k.

UFC pay is dismal.

yeah Benson made 299,000 dollars last year in disclosed pay(so no ppv bonuses, no sponsorship money, no appearance fees, no analyst fees).

Boy he must be living in the projects making 300-500,000 per year.

As long as Bendo is Champ he will make more money than Alavarez. Even if Eddie signs for 200K, Bnedo'sPPV bonus will dwarf that.

Not only that but I'm betting Henderson makes mcuh more in sponsorship that Alvarez does. He is seen by a much larger audience

Bendo is getting shafted...UFC pay is trash.....oh wait bendo is the champ which doesn't include is sponserships

Jesus you guys are stupid. You really think Bendo only makes 39k? Fucking idiots. That the payout to show plus doubled if you win. Eddie gets more for show (and winning) but he probably would get nowhere near the payperview revenues and simply being in title fights and main events that Eddie wouldn't get. Not to mention the sponsers which has to be nowhere close to what Eddie gets for sponsors; ESPECIALLY since he never fought on the main event on FOX.

Locker room bonuses brah.

Anyways if that's the contract Eddie get's more power too him, he's just got a good agent, and some great eyebrows.

bendo is making bank and will be making even more when he signs a new contract...

Keep in mind he signed a contract with the current published show / win pay.

Eddie is getting a solid salary (although I think he and all other mma fighters - especially zuffa big show fighters - deserve much, much more).

I'm happy for him and stoked to see him with zuffa at this point... lots of real exciting match ups for that guy been a long time comin'!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one should be happier then Bendo if Alverez gets paid that.

People are so short sighted and dumb. You want to be the best guy in your org or company and yet have lesser NEW guys come along and get paid more because when you out perform them it makes your case for a big raise for you.

If you are the best guy and highest paid then your case for a raise is small. You are already the highest pauid.

People let petty jealousy get in the way of the big picture. If Alverex gets 10X Bendo's salary then that just makes it much easier for Bendo to justify his raises if he remains champ and especially if he beats Alverez.

It's great. Means fighter pay continues to increase.

I'm sure Bendo feels alright about getting paid 39k to fight/39k to win. And making that happen three times this year.

Good for him (Eddie).

He's a free agent, Bendo isn't.

Barry Zito makes like 5 times what Matt Cain makes.

Tony Romo makes several times what RG3 or Andrew Luck make.
Barry Zito makes less than Cain makes; Cain makes 20 million a year (when he signed his contract, he became the highest paid right-handed pitcher ever; that perfect game and post-season run made the Gigantes look smartie!), Zito makes about 17.5 million.

Romo doesn't get paid a whole lot more than RG3 or Luck, because his contract is pretty old. Also, dat snap fumble! ;)

Really, all you needed to say was (the most overrated NFL player after Rick Mirer 2.0, aka Tim Tebow) Mike Vick vs. Luck/RG3. :wink:

Back