How does Helwani get "inside information"?

I have always wondered this. How the hell does Helwani know when the deal is done, close to being finalized, only considered etc. For example: Brock Lesnar UFC 200. The deal is between Dana, fighter A and his manager and fighter B and his manager. How the fuck Helwani knows what happens inside UFC's headquarters? Since new owners released most of the old farts from their jobs, still Helwani knows almost everything. He was wrong about Conor and Khabib deal "not done" then he deleted the tweet. How was UFC able to hide this from Helwani? I don't want to believe any manager secretly feeds information for Helwani. Media people please enlighten me.

There are so many more people that know 'inside' information.

Helwani has spent a decade forging relationships so it is not as hard for him.

Likely friends with not only fighters, managers and UFC employees, but their friends, family and training partners.

He knows fighters. He has like all their phone numbers. A lot of them will text him the scoop because they respect him as the best MMA reporter.

giphy.gif

Kawa openly admits on his show he sends Ariel his roster and gives him info and if he fucks with Malki he'll stop sending his fighters to go on his show. Rosendo Sanchez Cormier's mini-boxing coach was talking shit about how he wants to fight Kawa and Ariel, the drama seeking whore he is, changed subjects faster than hell. Kawa one example out of a 1000x. Mutually beneficial relationships. Also a decade of fostering friendships in a close-knit community like any beat journalist. From camera-men to coaches to someone in Dana's inner circle and potentially anyone in-between. He idolizes Cossell, as he should, Cossell was able to build trusting relationships with the athletes he covered as can Ariel.

Last edited:
Someone once said that it's a maximum of three people that can keep a secret, and only if two of them are dead.

Beef between Dana and Ariel is fake, Dana giving him whole info.{<Mcgoat}

Back