How does GSP Khabib at Lightweight Go?

Like I already said, Bisping is not even close to Khabib, and moving down a division is much harder than moving up a division, especially when you'll be 38 years old. I didn't say "GSP has never won a fight in another division".

Khabib spars with DC, Cain, and Rockhold, all of whom are way bigger and stronger than Hendricks.

Also, Hendricks's TDD is 63%, and GSP still arguably lost that fight. What does this even have to do with fighting Khabib at 155 lol...

Khabib’s only chance to beat GSP, would be by grappling/wrestling. GSP has already done extremely well in that department against larger fighters.

The Johnny that fought GSP, would murder Khabib.

How many Fighters have had more success moving up in weight???

Standard operating for a fighter is to go down a weight class if things arent working out in their own weight class (Belfort/Frankie/Florian/Franklin/Lawler/Machida/Maia/Okami/Pettis/Romero) unless they have had weight cutting issues. There are a few examples of fighters being more successful going up in weight(Whittaker) but historically, most fighters move down a weight class, as evidenced by the fact that even Champions(Branch/Lombard/Connor/Gegard/Shields) from other orgs come to the UFC and drop down a weight-class, or choose to fight at the lighter weight class, if they were multiple div. Champions in their previous orgs.

GSP shuts down Khabibs wrestling and breaks and finishes Khabib mid 2nd round.

Khabib’s only chance to beat GSP, would be by grappling/wrestling. GSP has already done extremely well in that department against larger fighters.

The Johnny that fought GSP, would murder Khabib.
GSP is old man. The only thing he has over Khabib right now is his striking, and even then, I'm not sure. Every time Khabib was up against a 'superior' striker, he's outstruck them.
GSP just won't do well at 155 because he'll be drained and weaker, and he's fucking 38 going up against one of the most dominant wrestlers in MMA history.

And no, if the same Hendricks that fought GSP tried to fight Khabib at 155, he'd lose, along with being unable to make weight lol.

I'm not saying it won't be a close fight, it will, but if you're seriously trying to favor 38-year old GSP over Khabib in a lower weight division he's never fought in, then you're delusional/a fanboy. Not sure what else to tell you.
Standard operating for a fighter is to go down a weight class if things arent working out in their own weight class (Belfort/Frankie/Florian/Franklin/Lawler/Machida/Maia/Okami/Pettis/Romero) unless they have had weight cutting issues. There are a few examples of fighters being more successful going up in weight(Whittaker) but historically, most fighters move down a weight class, as evidenced by the fact that even Champions(Branch/Lombard/Connor/Gegard/Shields) from other orgs come to the UFC and drop down a weight-class, or choose to fight at the lighter weight class, if they were multiple div. Champions in their previous orgs.
Literally all the fighters you listed as examples have had numerous fights in that lower weight division, and when they debuted, they weren't facing fucking champions lol.
That is not nearly the same thing as GSP making his LW DEBUT against fucking Khabib, this is not just some random top 15 opponent.

I can't even think of a single time in the UFC where a fighter moved down a division to face the champion and won the fight. TJ tried doing that and was easily TKO'd in 40 seconds.

Wouldn't be the first time Pierre got KOed by a lightweight....

GSP at 155 gets beat up vs Khabib

Any higher weights Id start to favor GSP

“GSP > God with a gun. 50-42 with new rules. Any weight class. He beat Bisping, he’s the best ever.”

-Sherdog

Given GSP's age and the weight cut, I'd say it would be close, but I have a hard time favoring Khabib.

GSP

Shame they won't make this fight.

I think they're going to wait till Khabib has beat dustin/Ferguson, and then they'll hope that GSP is too old to win, so the'll call him up and offer him that fight.

I guess we will never know. I can't see Khabib bullying GSP around, even out of prime GSP. I legitimately think GSP would have an easier time with Khabib than he would with the top 5 at MW.

Lol.. I don't know how people are gonna favor a 38-year old GSP over Khabib in a division that George has never fought in, but they do it anyways. The thought processes of you fanboys.

If you're talking about prime GSP vs Khabib at LW, I'd favor GSP but I think it'd be a really fucking close fight.

yeah, I don't think you can say a 38 year old GSP wouldn't have trouble or likely lose but a prime GSP would be a great fight.

If I had to bet my house on something is that Khabib vs GSP would end up in decision, just a matter of who..

I got Khabib because USADA (and because he's really better), but all boil down to whether he can close the distance w GSP or not. Wouldn't be surprised it not.

Unknown. No one has seen how that weight cut would affecr GSP.

Gsp would never make 155 without fucking up his kidneys and overall body performance. Doctors would tell any sac that the fight cant happen....

GSP finishes him in the 3rd or 4th round.

George is the better wrestler, the better striker, the better tactician... He's just the better fighter everywhere, even at his age. Unless the cut to 155 is so brutal that it leaves him drained and looking like a shell of his normal self, then he's got this.

Nothing has ever been more pointless than the fantasy matchup sub-forum, it seems

i dont know, 1 leg and 1 arm GSP probably gets smashed by Khabib

I say GSP beats up Khabib for 5 rounds with no finish.

Stronger, fast, explosive. Better Jab and Striking.

Unless the weight cut or old age slows him down he wins. But vintage GSP decisions the shit out of him.

gsp retiring after ufc 229 tells you just how gsp himself sees the fighting going.

Back