How does Costa cut down to 185 lbs?

Wait wait..... Aspen Ladd..... weighed in at 135lbs and then was 159lbs in the cage?? 24lbs more for a woman?????

That's amazing and it shouldn't really be possible because water-dehydration mostly comes from water-depletion in muscles so generally women cannot water-cut as much (in percent terms) as men. So...does anyone have any idea how Aspen Ladd put on 24lbs (17.8%)?? She she just rehydrate and then eat huge meals??

Imodium or a cork?

Wait wait..... Aspen Ladd..... weighed in at 135lbs and then was 159lbs in the cage?? 24lbs more for a woman?????

That's amazing and it shouldn't really be possible because water-dehydration mostly comes from water-depletion in muscles so generally women cannot water-cut as much (in percent terms) as men. So...does anyone have any idea how Aspen Ladd put on 24lbs (17.8%)?? She she just rehydrate and then eat huge meals??
Yes. It was huge news last year.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27927044/ufc-aspen-ladd-suspension-lifted-csac
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/8/...ht-bantamweight-after-ufc-sacramento-mma-news
https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27927044/ufc-aspen-ladd-suspension-lifted-csac

And it singlehandedly drove CSAC to begin taking action against weight cutters - before that they were only gathering information. That action included suspending Costa's license and suggesting he move up. He, Ladd and 5 others.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...-move-up-weight/amp?__twitter_impression=true

So don't expect the Costa v Israel fight to be in California :) unless he got or gets his suspension lifted like Ladd did.

It really shocks me that Costa could make weight considering he is a natural heavyweight. It even shocks me more that he could keep himself in good condition after such a big weight cut. Personally, when I was wrestling, a weight cut of more than 8 kg would make me feel sick and weak.
Obligatory horse meat and/or acai

Probably water pills and IVs to recover. He has already been caught using IVs. Was that all he uses? Only he and his coaches know.

He's not a natural heavyweight. Mark Hunt and Stefan Struve are natural heavyweights. Costa is a natural MW who is roided out of his mind. It's easy to cut weight when you are cutting weight that is unnatural for your frame.
But he never failed a test.

Diuretics. Only kidding he's all natural.
Obviously not diuretics. JDS tested positive for that. Although he excused himself away by claiming that he did not know that the medicine that he took contained diuretics, I don't buy this story.

Yeah, Wilder could fight at MW in the UFC without losing any size. Would be awesome to see. Imagine him in the ring against 185 Mike Perry or Johnny Hendricks..
Lol just imagine Wilder swinging his around his fists wrapped in 4oz gloves in the MW division against Weidman and Rockhold.

The way he's spoken about moving up straight away if he wins the title suggests the cut isn't easy. What did he re-hydrate to in California? 215lbs?
You'd be wrong. California's commission weighs the fighters again right before they step into the cage. Costa weighed in at 185 lbs during the weigh ins, and he weighed 217 lbs when he stepped into the cage.
Yes. Romero was about 208 lbs, if I recall correctly.
If only there was a thread on fighters' cage weight...oh wait, there is:
(2019) Paulo Costa: 213.8 lbs
(2019) Yoel Romero: 207.2 lbs

You'd be wrong. California's commission weighs the fighters again right before they step into the cage. Costa weighed in at 185 lbs during the weigh ins, and he weighed 217 lbs when he stepped into the cage.

That's 32 lbs. Tibau cut from like 190 down to lightweight.

It's also far more impressive at a lighter weight just based on the % of bodyweight.

It really shocks me that Costa could make weight considering he is a natural heavyweight. It even shocks me more that he could keep himself in good condition after such a big weight cut. Personally, when I was wrestling, a weight cut of more than 8 kg would make me feel sick and weak.

A natural heavy weight??.... more like you’re a natural idiot lol the kid is young , lean, takes care of himself etc. He’s not big by any means , he has an athletic muscular physique.

Back