How does Costa cut down to 185 lbs?

ijngf

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It really shocks me that Costa could make weight considering he is a natural heavyweight. It even shocks me more that he could keep himself in good condition after such a big weight cut. Personally, when I was wrestling, a weight cut of more than 8 kg would make me feel sick and weak.

He’s a professional athlete not a grade school child dehydrating himself for wrestling
Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

The way he's spoken about moving up straight away if he wins the title suggests the cut isn't easy. What did he re-hydrate to in California? 215lbs?

Champ Shit Only, arent probably all MW's natural HW's? 206+ is HW territory, considering LW's rehydrate 20lbs or more, i could expect similar from a MW, this and a lot of effort, he is a bit more muscular than he should for MW i guess, i mean, he doesnt have the biggest reach, or height, he is just massive.

It really shocks me that Costa could make weight considering he is a natural heavyweight. It even shocks me more that he could keep himself in good condition after such a big weight cut. Personally, when I was wrestling, a weight cut of more than 8 kg would make me feel sick and weak.
By staying well hydrated

I'm pretty sure he diets down to around 205lb and cuts the rest from there. There's no way he's cutting from 230lbs down to 185

I'm pretty sure he diets down to around 205lb and cuts the rest from there. There's no way he's cutting from 230lbs down to 185
You'd be wrong. California's commission weighs the fighters again right before they step into the cage. Costa weighed in at 185 lbs during the weigh ins, and he weighed 217 lbs when he stepped into the cage.

You'd be wrong. California's commission weighs the fighters again right before they step into the cage. Costa weighed in at 185 lbs during the weigh ins, and he weighed 217 lbs when he stepped into the cage.
^ ^ ^ To add to my response, that means he's dieting from 230-250 down to 217 lbs, and dehydrating from 217 to 185.

by using this :
saw.jpg

painful but effective.

^ ^ ^ To add to my response, that means he's dieting from 230-250 down to 217 lbs, and dehydrating from 217 to 185.

32lbs is a lot but not outside the realm of possibility. His nutritionist and team must be on point for him to pull it off consistently

He's definitely more of a work horse in comparison to other fighters, so I think that's how he still keeps his conditioning. And from what I've seen he has a smart team, that look capable of cutting that weight in the best way possible. I think that combination works well, but I think I've heard him say that he will be moving up tho not too long from now, as it obviously is still a huge cut.

Back