How does Cerrone vs Nate Diaz II go?

MMAd Man

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Found the first fight very entertaining. Cerrone had some impact with his leg kicks but ultimately had the wrong gameplan for beating a Diaz.

Who would take the rematch in 2015?

Cerrone would dominate him in my opinion

That would be like RDA-Diaz, if ever they will fight again. Cerrone will chop the leg kicks more.

"How would Cerrone vs Nate Diaz II go" - hypothetical question

"How does Cerrone vs Nate Diaz II go" - question about a fight that has been booked

Thought for a dreadful minute this match had actually been made

I think Cerrone would put too much pressure on Diaz and overwhelm him to a decision.

Like the first fight but the other way round

Cerrone has improved a lot and nate has stagnated

The same pretty much. Maybe a little more competitive, but Cerrone's boxing hasn't changed, the ground isn't a safe haven as Diaz has better BJJ, and he still drops his hands to leg kick, so he's going to get punched in the face, a lot.

That fight pissed me off. I fully believe Cerrone can and should have beat Nate. Props to Nate though, can't take that win from him, he did what he did and that last round you could tell he got Cerrone's attention and he knew he lost that fight.

Cerrone was mentally weak for the first fight, didn't even look like the same person. If he got past that he wins

Diaz no longer deserves fights in the top-10, not unless he strings together some good wins.

If this fight were to happen, though, I think Cerrone would edge it. He just had a bad strategy in the first fight.

That would be like RDA-Diaz, if ever they will fight again. Cerrone will chop the leg kicks more.

yeah, it seems like cerrone has gotten better while diaz has plateaued--plus diaz doesn't game plan so cerrone will take what he learned from the first fight and come in better prepared.

Diaz Stockton slaps him around again if he actually trains for the fight.

The same pretty much. Maybe a little more competitive, but Cerrone's boxing hasn't changed, the ground isn't a safe haven as Diaz has better BJJ, and he still drops his hands to leg kick, so he's going to get punched in the face, a lot.

Yea but I think if Cerrone starts landing leg kicks early on instead of waiting until round 3 he can get the edge on Diaz. Especially if it's a five round fight.

I think Cerrone made a critical mistake of trying to brawl with Nate instead of fighting to his strengths in the first fight. Cerrone is a kick-boxer who tried to fist-fight with a boxer, and wound up getting overwhelmed and forced to back up repeatedly in to the fence, making him unable to kick even if he wanted to. In a second fight, he would be better off avoiding rushing in and instead keep his distance and chop Nate's legs down. After he batters his leg, he can then move in finish him.

I think Cerrone can definitely win a fight with Nate Diaz pretty handily, especially now due to Diaz having so much ring rust, since he'll have only fought once in 24 months come this December.

With Cerrone beating him up and finishing him eventually. RDA showed that kicks are Nate Diaz's worst enemy. Never count a Diaz brother out though.

Back