How does Benson perform against strong wrestlers?

He would do well. Its the strikers he's got problems handling.

its not beside the point, it is the point. Condits technical maneuvers dont do anything, he just stays in guard. no subs, rarely sweeps.

Go watch Rory vs Condit and share the embarrassment we have for you.

its not beside the point, it is the point. Condits technical maneuvers dont do anything, he just stays in guard. no subs, rarely sweeps.
Lmao... yea, except stand up which he does against literally every fucking person he has ever fought whether it was Georges St-Pierre, Johny Hendricks, or Dong-Hyun Kim, because unlike you, Carlos Condit is well aware that the guard player loses the round even if he literally makes his opponent defend submissions the entire round.

It's as if you don't think you can work to stand-up because it's a good idea. I am sure that Condit's guard is WAY different on the mats at Jackson's than inside the UFC Octagon with judges who are clearly biased towards wrestlers.

could have sworn that fight was ended by punches

And that was the entire fight?

Here are some spoilers for when you finally watch it.

It goes nearly 15 mins

Your just choosing to be short sighted and naive here. You dont want to learn.

Lmao... yea, except stand up which he does against literally every fucking person he has ever fought whether it was Georges St-Pierre, Johny Hendricks, or Dong-Hyun Kim, because unlike you, Carlos Condit is well aware that the guard player loses the round even if he literally makes his opponent defend submissions the entire round.

It's as if you don't think you can work to stand-up because it's a good idea. I am sure that Condit's guard is WAY different on the mats at Jackson's than inside the UFC Octagon with judges who are clearly biased towards wrestlers.

you dont think Condit practices the same way he fights? thats pretty silly.

And that was the entire fight?

Here are some spoilers for when you finally watch it.

It goes nearly 15 mins

Your just choosing to be short sighted and naive here. You dont want to learn.

learning is for nerds. if I wanted to learn I would read a book, not watch men locked in a cage beat each other for money

Gosh if only he had ever fought a good wrestler before *cough cough*

learning is for nerds. if I wanted to learn I would read a book, not watch men locked in a cage beat each other for money

It def. sounds like you've learned jiu jitsu from a book. Or a website.

you dont think Condit practices the same way he fights? thats pretty silly.
Yeah who would have ever thought you grapple differently when you're at the gym outside of a training camp and don't have judges and and an audience analyzing your every move, and a ref that isn't just dying to "stand 'em up"?

You have clearly never trained nor do you actually know anything about mma besides the way the fights end so I'm done with you.

Yeah who would have ever thought you grapple differently when you're at the gym outside of a training camp and don't have judges and and an audience analyzing your every move, and a ref that isn't just dying to "stand 'em up"?

You have clearly never trained nor do you actually know anything about mma besides the way the fights end so I'm done with you.

you trained in a way you know will lose in competition? why? Im pretty sure the premier MMA camp isn't practicing to lose.

He's beaten most top LWs not named Anthony Pettis and Pettis is not a wrestler. That should tell people something.

Numergomedov has the best wrestling at LW division. So Benson would have to stand up and trade punches without letting Khabib engage and grapple with him. Once Khabib's striking improve, then Benson won't have much arsenal against him other than going for a submission attempts during their grappling war.

He's beaten most top LWs not named Anthony Pettis and Pettis is not a wrestler. That should tell people something.

Agreed...Idt wrestling Bendo is the way to beat him...I think its just by being more unorthadox than Bendo and picking him apart with kicks

dont know why people say this. Condit just hangs on in guard and waits for a stand up.

Carlos is always going for subs and throwing elbows from his back. It helps him get sweeps as well because even if he doesn't get the sub, he uses it to stand back up. He is hard to keep down but his TD defense still needs work. He may just lack the speed/strength. Maybe someone with a wrestling background can give their thoughts because I know he trains hard. But look how many times Hendrix got him down yet Carlos worked his way back up basically every time. I'd have to see the fight again but I don't remember any stand-ups. But he certainly doesn't just hang on looking for a stand-up. And those rarely happen anyway.

Agreed...Idt wrestling Bendo is the way to beat him...I think its just by being more unorthadox than Bendo and picking him apart with kicks

Bendo is just really physically strong and has a great gas-tank. Wrestlers normally have pretty good gas tanks but Bendo I think just wears them out. He takes leg kicks pretty well too as he has thick legs. Benson really has no glaring holes in his game but Gil fought that same in and out style and kept it on the feet and almost pulled it out. Even though Petis beat him twice (and his only other loss was very early in his career when he got caught in an early choke) only Petis can really do some of the things he does in the way he does them. Which is why I think Gil showed the roadmap. Although I was surprised both fighters didn't go for it a little more in the the, that actually was a hard fight to judge. But Benson outworks people and normally gets the close rounds. Matching his effort and cardio is the key IMO. Because he isn't going to slow down and even if he is a little conservative with his strikes, he takes guys out of their game-plans with his pressure and always attacking little openings even if not with major strikes, it scores points.

Back